Stopping hair loss with potassium

garyhary

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe that the potassium is really some overlooked nutrient when it comes to male-pattern hair loss. There are a lot of established nutrients on the shelves that have some proven effect on hair growths such as biotin or selenium, but potassium is really overlooked.

Potassium must actually play an important role in hair loss, because nutrients are delivered to the hair follicles through potassium channels and the minoxidil opens up potassium channels. In the ivory dome theory of hair loss, depositions of calcium and magnesium in the body cause several health problems of which hair loss is only one of them. - Danny Roddy wrote some very good article on ivory dome some tim ago but I can not find at the moment right now - Potassium solves depositions of magnesium and calcium and helps to reverse this process. Generally, it is estimated that the body needs 2 grams of potassium a day (about 5 or 6 bananas) but I believe that with depositions in the head there is a need for a higher dosage around 5 grams. What do you guys think?

Norwood-null-by-2021

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mix minoxidil with potassium?

minoxidil opens the potassium channels.
But what is the point if there is too little potassium in the blood?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score