Stopping dutasteride, libido hit rock bottom

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think i mentioned in another thread that i was giving up on dutasteride after almost 2 yrs because it wasnt helping.
I quit cold turkey about 6 weeks ago. Since that point my libido has gone to hell.
Before i quit, i was able to perform about 85-90 of the time, fairly damn well for being on both dutasteride and finasteride.
Now its almost impossible. I know that taking those drugs actually increases testosterone levels, so could stopping usage make me bottom out like it seems to have done?
I was actually thinking that i would have more sex drive when i quit, but man this is depressing.
Anyone else have a huge drop in sex drive, ability to maintain erections, after they stopped these drugs? And if so, any idea of how i can try to bounce back?
Thanks and please help if you have any suggestions

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
I think i mentioned in another thread that i was giving up on dutasteride after almost 2 yrs because it wasnt helping.
I quit cold turkey about 6 weeks ago. Since that point my libido has gone to hell.
Before i quit, i was able to perform about 85-90 of the time, fairly damn well for being on both dutasteride and finasteride.
Now its almost impossible. I know that taking those drugs actually increases testosterone levels, so could stopping usage make me bottom out like it seems to have done?
I was actually thinking that i would have more sex drive when i quit, but man this is depressing.
Anyone else have a huge drop in sex drive, ability to maintain erections, after they stopped these drugs? And if so, any idea of how i can try to bounce back?
Thanks and please help if you have any suggestions

Possibly look into clomid

nate30

Reaction score
I trust you're not still on finasteride...in any case I would give it a few more months before considering anything drastic like PCT drugs. Look into PFS (Post Finasteride Syndrome) but try not to psych yourself out.

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
Your body is converting more testosterone to DHT than normal. It should normalize after a month. If not, uhhh then maybe look into PCT just like after a steroid cycle. Maybe it will reset your hormones, maybe not. Good luck!

Dus

Reaction score
I think it's best to always slowly taper off of medication... especially with something as strong as dutasteride.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice fellas, ive never heard of PTC or PFS before so ill ve looking that up later tonight. Yes i should have tapered off, i just had no idea it would have this kind of huge effect. Ill keep you all posted

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
more important,
how is your hair going?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My hair is still thinning, diffusely. Last yeat was real bad as far as loss. Ive eliminated some things and am keepingmy approach simplier and i think ive seen a little less hair loss, but it is still coming out. I think dropping the dutasteride and the nizoral may have helped some. Im also using minoxidil, castor oil, and setipiprant once i get my new batch.
My hairs not looking good but i am hanging in there. Now i just need the libido to return