Stopped Using Rogaine After 5 Years Of Use Due To Bloating Face.

Sammyort

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed Swelling in my face after a couple of years of use. At first I thought it was aging or that my mind was playing tricks. I decided to skip a month of use after seeing how swollen my face looked at a photo taken at work. My face improved after 3 weeks even prompting my wife to comment on how young I was beginning to look. I am 33 by the way. Anyone else has faced the same scenario?

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed Swelling in my face after a couple of years of use. At first I thought it was aging or that my mind was playing tricks. I decided to skip a month of use after seeing how swollen my face looked at a photo taken at work. My face improved after 3 weeks even prompting my wife to comment on how young I was beginning to look. I am 33 by the way. Anyone else has faced the same scenario?
Yes this is quite common. Some guys on here will say you are full of crap and that you have a bad diet or something but minoxidil definitely makes SOME men have a bloated face. I think if you have a naturally thin face then it will show more when you bloat. Unfortunately much of the medical community refuses to recognize this as they love saying that minoxidil has little to no side effects blah blah blah. We need another effective side effect free treatment.

Sammyort

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes this is quite common. Some guys on here will say you are full of crap and that you have a bad diet or something but minoxidil definitely makes SOME men have a bloated face. I think if you have a naturally thin face then it will show more when you bloat. Unfortunately much of the medical community refuses to recognize this as they love saying that minoxidil has little to no side effects blah blah blah. We need another effective side effect free treatment.
Indeed I am saddened by this. Rogaine helped me gain some hair and I have been able to hold to most of the hair I had left when I was 28. But it is unfortunate I have to stop, if it was capable of bloating my face it is possible Rogaine wouldn't have been healthy long term. We do need a better solution for hairloss...that is not a super expensive hair transplant.