Stopped the finasteride...what now?

jads

Reaction score
To cut a long story very short, I was on low dose finpecia for three months and had a decent shed about 8 weeks in. I've stopped the finasteride for health reasons (dont get me started) but am wondering what happens now? Has anyone been in this situation? Did the hair come back ?

I'm on other DHT blockers and thought about starting minoxidil but nervous about then having a shed on minoxidil! Do I just need to ride it out and hope for the best!

cheers anf good luck to all.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Whats the other DHT blocker? I know you said you stopped for health reasons, but most of us get sides. I can barely get an errection at times (only when im really turned on) but spontaneous ones just don't occur anymore and when ur in ur early twenties thats a real cause for concern! But the fact is im willing to endure this and any other side effects in order to maintain my hair. I think stopping the finasteride was foolish (imo). The good news is I dont 3 months is long enough to make any real difference, I doubt you neither gained or lost any significant hair in that time frame. Don't be scared of minoxidil sheds. They can be a very good thing. As you said you just gotta ride it out.

Good luck dude.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. I wouldn't recommend my regimen yet... I'm kind of grasping at straws and I don't really know if it's helping yet. Good luck.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
if you cant take internal finasteride, then maybe you can try a topical DHT blocker while using minoxidil.

nizoral will help a little too.

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
I can barely get an errection at times (only when im really turned on) but spontaneous ones just don't occur anymore and when ur in ur early twenties thats a real cause for concern!

Dude, quit taking finasteride.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I really like the Alpecin as a shampoo... but hard to say if it's really working.

I will say one thing though, now that I've been off finasteride for 6mo... I had an orgasm the other day that actually felt good for the first time in 2 years. If I have to choose, I'll take wood over Norwood any day.

Still crossing the fingers though on my topical approach.