Stopped Taking Finasteride- Side Effects

Valter Filipe

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a 30 year old male who has been on Finasteride (5mg divided in 4 pills) for approximately 3 years now.
For a while now, I have been getting a really annoying side effect: I urinate too much at night and lost a bit of sensitivity on my uretra. Because I wanted to get rid of the side effects and give my body a break, I decided to stop taking Finasteride.

Fast forward three days later and i start having slight pain on my left testicle. A few hours afterwards, my testicle is darker in color and it’s somewhat swollen.

I know it was a stupid decision to stop the medication cold turkey, but I’d never thought this would have happened.

I’m going to the ER but I’m really wary now

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You will be fine, don't worry to much. Give your body some time to readjust.

Valter Filipe

My Regimen
Reaction score
So did you recover?
I did. After 4 weeks, but then i started taking oit again and the pelvic pain (likely porstate inflammation) came back three days later. So now I know th the constant need to urinate and lower abdominal disconfrot is due to finasteride. It's been 3-4 weeks now and I'm still having issues.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
I did. After 4 weeks, but then i started taking oit again and the pelvic pain (likely porstate inflammation) came back three days later. So now I know th the constant need to urinate and lower abdominal disconfrot is due to finasteride. It's been 3-4 weeks now and I'm still having issues.
Your body is telling you to stop the poison. I would listen.