Stopped propecia and got my di#k back

thatdamnsasquatch

Reaction score
Man, what a ride... Just stopped taking propecia after 10 months and within 3 days I felt like my junk was back in working order.

I'm 26, and I started taking propecia back in January after putting up with about a year of thinning and receding hairline. Like all, I was slightly concerned about the side effects but, like all, was assuaged by the "only 2% of men" figure everyone keeps throwing around. Within a week I noticed all the sides people around here talk about including watery semen and less-than-100% full mast (though if anything my libido increased during this time). Eventually, these sides appeared to subside, and after a pretty massive shed about 2 months in, I cruised into a very satisfying period of hairline regrowth and slowing of hairloss on top. Then, about 5 months in, I experienced another minor shed but understood this to be part of the process, and plugged ahead. From then until now I have seen extremely positive results hairwise.

Eventually I came to realize that the sexual sides never went away but instead have lingered and, if anything, have gotten worse. On a couple of recent occassions during sex I just straight couldn't maintain an erection; during masturbation things have been really just around 85% hard; and generally it has been more difficult to get it up without substantial stimulation. My semen has been watery as ever. I suppose my libido was lower during this time, too, since I really have made no effort to get laid (I am single and am always trying to get laid). I am convinced that since taking propecia my dick just was not what it had been.

I stuck with the procepia regardless, partly because I couldn't tell if the sides were in my head and partly because the sides--even if real--were outweighed by the benefits to my hair. But eventually I decided the risks weren't worth it, especially after reading some posts here and at propeciahelp.com about people who experience permanent side effects even after stopping the drug. That wasn't for me. If I don't have my XXXX, I got nothing. And I have no desire to risk damaging the organ that provides the major source of purpose in my life for a few extra hairs on my head.

Since stopping, which was about 5 days ago, I literally feel like my old self again, and my Johnson stands with me eager to go at a moment's notice. I now feel like I have a purpose, and a strong desire to go out and get laid. As an added bonus, my head feels clearer too, like a cloud has been lifted.

I'm not passing judgments about what you all should do. I am just letting you know how the balancing turned out in my particular case. Good luck.

menace

Reaction score
awesome to hear things are back to normal for you man. after about 3 months on finasteride i've decided to stop because of similar sides. i just recently started dating a chic, so i am constantly aware of the sides lol, and what good is hair if you cant back it up in the sack?!

today is my 2nd day off the stop, so hopefully i can get back to normal quickly as well.