Stopped Hairloss Dead In Its Tracks

woorlitzer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

About 9 months ago my hairline started to recede. And I mean, QUICK. (I'm 22). I didn't really know why since my dad started balding when he was 45, not 20-something.

It was getting worse and worse every single week. And I was getting more and more stressed, and depressed.

My dermatologist prescribed me Propecia and Minoxidil.

I reacted really bad to both treatments. My libido was completely gone, couldn't get firm erections at all and just felt tired all the time.

Minoxidil gave me a horrible rash on my scalp.

I stopped both treatments, and fortunately the side effects went away. I am not going to ever touch those two. To me, Propecia was poison.

I started to research alternative treatments and started a neat little regime which completely stopped the shed and I am now seeing a ton of regrowth in my temple areas. My hair strands are coming out thicker and darker in color as well. I'd say I'm about 85% from where I was before my hairline started to recede.

My dad has started this regime as well.

--------------------------------

This is my daily regime:

Ketoconazole Shampoo - try to get one with Zinc, Saw Palmetto, B6 and Linolenic acid. I greatly believe all these ingredients block DHT on the scalp. Leave it on for 10 minutes. Nizoral can work fine too.

Hair Brew - I put it on my scalp before heading out in the morning and at night before going to sleep. It contains Zinc Sulfate, B6, Saw Palmetto, Beta Sitosterol Linolenic Acid, Oleic Acid. There are multiple brands available. Please stay away from brews that contain Azealic Acid as this will ruin the entire mix.

Tocotrienol - 2 scoops a day. It is pure vitamin E. Not the synthetic form you buy at the pharmacy. This one increased my libido considerably after my side effects with Propecia. I get spontaneous erections all the time now. - It is also supported by a study done in Malaysia.

Nettle Root - It is thought to inhibit DHT without sexual side effects.

Omega 3 and Reveratrol Supplements - Using them mainly to inhibit PGD2.

---------------------------------

I have also changed my diet, lowering my consumption of beef and chicken, replacing them for more vegetables and legumes.

That's all :)

Let me know what you think. I hope this was of some help to someone!

- Chip.

GaryTheIII

Reaction score
Re: Stopped Hairloss in its tracks

If you do not mind I have a couple questions for you...

1. How long did you take both Propecia/Minoxidil for?
2. How long after you quit did the sides go away?
3. What kind of hair do you have & color (Thick, not thinning but thin, etc.)
4. Can you explain that third item at all anymore than you already did?

Sorry for all the q's but I hope that is the reason you posted your regime lol

woorlitzer

Reaction score

Hi there.

Okay, I used minoxidil for one week, but the rash kept getting worse so I stopped.

I used Propecia for 1 month and a half. The side effects started after one month.
I'd say they went away after one week of stopping the drug, although I still had a lower libido than before, but my erections went back to normal and I was able to have sex with my girlfriend the way I used to. My libido went 100% back to normal about 1 1/2 months after, when I started toco-8.

My hair is dark brown but has been getting darker around the areas where I'm treating the thinning, and the new hairs are coming out almost black.

Super Zix is an awesome brew that blocks DHT on your scalp. I believe combining two daily applications plus the 2 versions of regenepure have obliterated DHT off my scalp. Its a ton of anti androgens per day, (ketocenazole, saw palmetto, beta sitostetol, b6, zinc, b3, emu oil, linolenic acid, oleo acid) in those 3 products.

You make super zix urself with the ingredients they ship to you and is incredibly cheap.

Toco-8 is amazing because it's pure, natural vitamin E which for some reason we don't understand promotes hair growth , and not just on your head but everywhere, I have to shave my face daily now. It raises testosterone, but nourishes the hair root or something I don't really know, all I know is that it is defo helping me. And it's backed up by clinical trials.

I'd say the only other thing I wanna try is LLLT (laser) but I think ima keep this regime for now.

woorlitzer

Reaction score

And for the record, I am not knocking on Propecia.

My friend has been using finasteride, Minoxidil and Nizoral for 1 year and I can def see it working very very well, and he has no side effects.

It just didn't work for me.

I posted this thread to maybe help anyone who responded badly to finasteride : )

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
woorlitzer said:
I have also changed my diet, lowering my consumption of beef and chicken, replacing them for more vegetables and legumes.

how much of a diet change did you have?

also, chicken is rich in vitamin B3. Mushrooms - Crimini are a good way to make up for the lost vitamin B3.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I'm sceptical of this - it seems a bit bogus.

Do any of these 'treatments' have any evidence for combating baldness?

Also, why haven;t you posted pics if there is success?

woorlitzer

Reaction score
gh05 said:
Sorry but I'm sceptical of this - it seems a bit bogus.

Do any of these 'treatments' have any evidence for combating baldness?

Also, why haven;t you posted pics if there is success?

1. I have nothing to gain from bogus claims. I'm not selling anything.

2. Sure:

Ketoconazole:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9669136

Saw Palmetto & Beta Sitosterol:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12006122

Linolenic Acid & Oleic Acid: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/hair-loss-p ... vogen2.pdf & http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19353546

Tocotrienol:
http://www.tocotrienol.org/images/stori ... beyond.pdf

and 3.

2uol65g.png

Anything else?

-----------------------------------------------------

I do not and cannot believe one has to limit one's options to just Finasteride and Minoxidil. I searched, I acted and I got my results. You are more than allowed to be skeptical, but at the end of the day it worked for me, and hopefully it can work for someone else.

Thanks!

Jacob

Reaction score
:agree: I thought we'd see some amazing regrowth or something..on a balding person.

BTW...Zix and Regenepure....amazingly both are buddies(those involved in the 2 products/companies). :whistle:

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
I too don't see a lot of hair loss here. But it is a scary thing to realize that your hair is beginning to recede, though I think that you will find many natural products are capable of slowing and/or stopping your hair loss during the early stages of hair loss. Regrowth is also possible.

I'd be curious to know your progress after six months.

woorlitzer

Reaction score
lol, I always said receding hairline. Not that I was bald.

My harline used to be a whole inch lower than it is now.

And, I don't know if regenepure or the creator of super zix know each other,
dont really care either. I am not promoting anything, simply stating my regime.

So, I'm going to change the brand names from the original post. I'm only going to leave the ingredients in.

------------------------------

Amazing that I'm just telling my story and I get a liar, like I have something to gain from lying, lol.

Adios

Jacob

Reaction score
woorlitzer said:
lol, I always said receding hairline. Not that I was bald.

My harline used to be a whole inch lower than it is now.

And, I don't know if *edited out* or the creator of *edited out* know each other,
dont really care either. I am not promoting anything, simply stating my regime.

So, I'm going to change the brand names from the original post. I'm only going to leave the ingredients in.

------------------------------

Amazing that I'm just telling my story and I get a liar, like I have something to gain from lying, lol.

Adios

And yet the names of the products are right there again :whistle:

Come on..new poster....salesman like descriptions of the products(especially before your edit)...Joe the Z** guy talks about his son...you say your father is using the regimen...those two ppl/companies have been slobbering over each other..etc. YOU wouldn't be suspicious? :)

0416Dr

Reaction score
What a big joke...this guy is like NW1...i would even say NW0. I'll guess lots of man would kill for that hairline.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
woorlitzer said:
Anything else?

Yes. A before picture combined with an after picture in similar lighting. You picture just shows me the hair of a normal 22 yr old guy and if your dads hair loss is not great then maybe you were a bit paranoid in the first place.

I don't believe there is any evidence that any of those treatments work unfortunately (apart from maybe keto shampoo to a small extent). Saw palmetto has not been proven for hair loss and I don't think that any topical anti androgens have been proven to have much success.

Re PGD2 and using omega 3's to decrease it - I like your thinking but really this has to be a shot in the dark. It was only very recently that anybody had heard of PGD2.

The sad reality for us is that if your genetics intend you to go bald then only dramatically lowering dht in the blood with finasteride will slow that process down. Until something better comes along.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
woorlitzer said:
Anything else?

Yes. A before picture combined with an after picture in similar lighting. You picture just shows me the hair of a normal 22 yr old guy and if your dads hair loss is not great then maybe you were a bit paranoid in the first place.

I don't believe there is any evidence that any of those treatments work unfortunately (apart from maybe keto shampoo to a small extent). Saw palmetto has not been proven for hair loss and I don't think that any topical anti androgens have been proven to have much success.

Re PGD2 and using omega 3's to decrease it - I like your thinking but really this has to be a shot in the dark. It was only very recently that anybody had heard of PGD2.

The sad reality for us is that if your genetics intend you to go bald then only dramatically lowering dht in the blood with finasteride will slow that process down. Until something better comes along.

Jacob

Reaction score
Yep..we're rude. People asked you questions or asked for other pictures after that first post(shockingly with the product name in there too) and you just disappeared. Came back months later to start a new thread titled "Stopped Hairloss Dead In Its Tracks" :shock: And of course your hairline got worse AFTER those pictures :shakehead:

Reminds me of this thread: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58896&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40

jazz1

Reaction score
I'd agree with most, there's so much gimmicks out there if what he is using was a great success, everybody would be using the same.