stopped finasteride for 2 weeks and hair started rapidly falling out

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
same thing with me. but guess what, ppl like you and i may have been destined to just recede heavily, and maybe we would have been thick in the back anyway. go look at your uncles and father and see if you can tell what KIND of hairloss they have.

some guys just have major receded hairlines with little to no bald spots in the back - regardless if they are on finasteride or not.

12344321 said:
reordered it, back on schedule.

the only reason why i hesitated so long is i dont want anyone in my family to know im taking this stuff so i waited until i could get it when i was home alone.

one other thing:

maybe finasteride. is working for me, but only in the back of my head. my vertex in the front of my head has thinned out quite a bit, and my hairline continues to diminish, but the back of my head still seems quite thick. Even if that is the case, ill still be happy. Saving a little hair is better than saving none at all.

Established Member
Reaction score
same thing with me. but guess what, ppl like you and i may have been destined to just recede heavily, and maybe we would have been thick in the back anyway. go look at your uncles and father and see if you can tell what KIND of hairloss they have.

i would be extremely happy if i only receded heavily. If that were the case i could always just get a hair transplant. It is when you lose all on the top they can do little for you.

guy38

Reaction score
I am almost out myself. I had cut down to every other day but I have only 3 more doses and I am out. The problem is I waited a bit too long to reorder and the damm supplier took 2 weeks to fill it ---it just shiped today and they are saying 2-4 weeks before I will get it. I am wondering if I will have any problems going that long-last time it took 3 weeks from the time they shipped. The stuff works great for me up front anyway- I am 38 years old and getting new usable hair at temples that I lost in my late teens.
Working in the back but not as well as the front , which is wierd as I had no loss in the back until a few years ago.