Stopped Finasteride After 7 Months - Pro's And Con's

Livelifeloud

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I decided to take the plunge, the big 3 + supplements back in August when I noticed my hair was getting crazy thinner and very very noticable (even though people said they thought I still had a full head of hair) I was covering it up everyday with dry shampoo with pigment and fibres and then a hold spray, then usually stick on a hat and I would sometimes spend the whole day in a hat even after that.

So I took the plunge. I had been on Rogaine foam twice a day for about 2.5 year previous, it worked amazing for the first few months then it was a fighting battle. I decided to do the big 3.. Rogaine, Nizoral, Finasteride and hair supplements twice a day.

What happend?

For the first I would say month or 2 on finasteride I literally had no sex drive.. nothing, I didn't wake up wth mr morning wood (that's my penis not a man in my bed) but I still could get it up if, when I wanted to and tried (when I could be bothered) etc but it wouldn't just happen naturally.. then it came back to me after that.. I got them randomly but rarely and I believe the 5 months after that only a hand full of times it happened on waking up.. So yes very low sex drive compared to previous..

at about the 2/3 month mark.. I noticed tiny little baby hairs sprouting all across the hairline very very thin little transparent hairs.. they started to take shape and outlined a hairline and a few at the front of my head inbetween my hair, I was pretty impressed (I thought I would see nothing). at about 4 months my hair was looking thicker even my mum said this and some friends..

Then developed lightheadedness, very bad some days.. It was like I was tipsy 80% of the time and getting headaches when trying to focus on something or watching something on tv move etc etc.. I would sleep all the time to shake it off and I stopped the gym and I was constantly angry and upset with how I was feeling all the time it just came out of nowhere.. about mid December.. I ignored it and went to the Drs twice, in January and Febuary and they couldn't work it out! I stopped everything about 2 weeks ago.. about 5 days later the lightheadedness just vanished.. like it was never there! Sex drive is shot up and way back to normal.
I KNOW for a fact it was Finasteride!

Pro's for me:
.Tiny hairs growing mainly along the hair line (but didn't get bigger than about 1cm and didn't thicken in the time I was using)
.Hair overall was slightly thicker.
.Confidence in that I knew it was working

Con's (some I haven't mentioned)
.Sex Drive was veryyyyy low, almost non existent for the first 2 months.
.Lightheadedness
.Tiredness (this may not be related but it happened during the time A LOT)
.Nausea

What now!

I decided to take another plunge and get a Hair replacement system.. which I have had on nearly 2 weeks now..
The confidence boost is CRAZY, yes, it's a learning curve as I already have found out some things I like and I don't like and whats worked and hasn't so far and I will look into it and sort this out!
I will tell you guys It's mostly amazing.. I get can get in the shower and wash my hair.. comb it.. I haven't been able to do this for the last 10 years nearly and now I have a fringe and because I was hiding it so well, people have just said to me your hair looks thicker.. no one knows I am wearing. I can do a seperate post on this though at somepoint when I have worn it longer with pictures also.

I am done blabbering. Any questions let me know.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your story on this. Do keep us updated on how you progress and how the upcoming weeks/months. Some users say they experience a worsening of sides after quitting, others immediately recover. I hope you are one that immediately recovers.

Livelifeloud

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your story on this. Do keep us updated on how you progress and how the upcoming weeks/months. Some users say they experience a worsening of sides after quitting, others immediately recover. I hope you are one that immediately recovers.

You are very welcome. I will do! I have not experienced any side effects at all since coming off of it but it's only been like 2.5 weeks, my head has totally cleared up.