Stop Struggling With Hairloss, Go For Hair Transplant

cloud87

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. First of all I apologize for my bad english. I'm from Spain and the english level here is very poor so i'll try my best. And yes, this is my first post here and it could seem very suspicious xD. If you are thinking i'm here to sell hair transplant then think about that. The reality is that some time has been since i got my solution and i remembered how bad i felt until i did it. So, with the purpose of being motivational, here we go.

This is a post to all people who suffer psycologically from balding. For people who have depression and even have suicidal thoughts, as I did.

I'm Marc and i suffer from alopecia from my 25. I went to a doctor and started using minoxidil (rejected finasteride) and everything was fine until i had an hernia (I dont know if that's the correct name in english. It was a back injury). I started medication, etc. for 3 months (pain killers, aka diazepan,etc. ). That was then when my hairloss triggered like never did before. It was insane the amount of hair i could see in my hands when taking showers. It was at my 28.

From 28 to 29 it was a complete disaster. I started finasteride, went to doctors, tried EVERYTHING i saw on internet (oils, massages, dermarrolling, etc, vitamins, zinc, vitamine D, yoga poses to hair circulation, shampoos, etc). I started to classify man depending on his hair. I was OBSESSED. Everyday i was visitng hairloss websites finding any hope. I tried everything i could but the hairloss conitnued. It was frustrating, you all know it. I reversed my overweight but i couldnt reverse this. It was superior. Then it went worse.

I started to notice side effects of Finasteride (no, those wasnt fakes or induced effects). I have never exprienced something like this in my life. I woke up at middle of the night with an insane heart rate and a cloudy vision (sorry if i'm translating this literally). It was finasteride. It wasn't ansiety or depression. That felt different. I went to a doctor but they always say the same. Finasteride was supposed to be weak so it couldnt do that kind of effects.

Even after that, i continued taking finasteride, but there was so many questions over there. Will I be one of those guys who even GAIN hair with finas? It will work on me? I only see hair falling and i think that is not the shedding phase anymore (more than 6 months passed taking finasteride).

I was depressed. I didn't want to go outside. I can remember myself crying at bed at my 30's because of this sh*t. Why this had to happen to me? (yes, i know that is nothing compared to childs with cancer but it's not an argument to relativize this. Even the most little and insignificant problem can ruin someone's life).

NO, I didn't want to be one of those guys who just simply accept it. I was raised with hair. My hair was part of my face. Without it i felt empty. Why the f*** i was going to lose it? Should just accept it? NO

Then i started to search info about transplants. Yes, f*****g Turkey. Why so cheap? This is a kind of joke? Hmm.. I need to research more. I found few Youtubers who did it and documented it in videoblogs. Checked all (if you are from Spain or you know spanish i can give you a link). All seemed legal, no fake, no frauds.

Then i contacted to one of those clinics (Microfue - Cosmedica). Please don't think I'm trying to sell you something or whatever. I just hate people who post success stories and don't tell where he went or who did the surgery. I red that there are some things you have to consider before going to a transplant hair.

1. Be sure that you are bald enough (to avoid bald spots in a future)
2. Have a great donor area (which i had).
3. Better if you are not a diffuse hairloss

For the 2nd point, i was fine. For the 1 and 3: f*** IT. I'm desespered, I can't be worse right now so i have nothing to lose. Do I like what i see at mirror? NO. Then, what i am waiting for?

So, i went to Turkey. I'm not going to explain the details. You can found it in a lot of sites on internet on youtube. Everything went as expected. The sad part was that you have to continue taking finasteride to hold the native hair, but after 1 year after transplant, i stopped taking it.

Yes, everyone will tell you that hair transplant does not do miracles. That you have to continue taking finasteride to make it look good, etc. Bullshit. I stopped taking finasteride for 1 year and half and my i'm quite sure my native hair is probably not there anymore. It doesn't look patchy or ugly or unnatural. Of course i have lot some density after taking it, but the amount of hair obtanied throught the hair transplant is enough to make me feel good.

I'll be honest. I expected miracles from the hair transplant (which was unrealist). From 1 to 10 I'm satisfied arround 75% (because after suffering baldness, you become perfectionist a**h** and you doesn't settle with anything).

After almost 2 years after my hair transplant without taking finas for +1 year I can say this changed my life. I dont have hair like a full density hair man, and I do some tricks to make it look greater (never Topikk huh! Just common hair spray). I play with the hair dryer and with the hair comb. I take my time (5 min aprox) to make it look more natural. Yea, I dont have the enough density (and confidence) to just get out from shower and let it dry by himself. I comb it i dry it and i do some tricks (i'm very good at from my starting hairloss phase).

I saw some fails in my hair transplant (areas with less hair, not the best density i wanted, some big follicles in the forehead (i hide them with my hairstyle)). I reversed arround 5 or 6 years of hairloss and thats what it counts. I saw some bad posts in internet about this kind of clincs like Cosmedica. Yes, they didn't do a perfect job, but i paied 2k. f*** it, now i have more hair than before. Finasteride + minoxidil would have gave like 1 year of reverse hair loss in... 2 years?

So yes, the hair transplant has been insanely good. Now i have MUCH MORE hair than before (without being perfect).
I'm happy, no more oils, minoxidil, no more waste of time. No more obsession, no more anxiety. Probably, I'll go to refill it with another hair transplant (it costs arround 2k Euros so there it shouldn't be a problem for anyone) as a lot of people do to make it look definately good and achieve more density.

Go for it, stop struggling with poision products. Go to Turkey and have a hair transplant. Find a doctor on realself website and go for it. Don't wait. f*** it, f*** everyone who points you after the hair transplant (it lasts 3 months until it starts to grow hair). f*** everything. Just go for your hair if that's so relevant for you. You want it, you need it.

P.D: I'll post some before-after photos tomorrow if you want it. I'm out of time now but i can go on more details if you want to.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can barely afford paying for the dutasteride I purchase... I will just stick to my transgender medications! Although, I do understand your point and hopefully it will help others.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good and simple advice.
By the way I really not sure why do it in turkey? Is it only because the price? I mean, there are much better clinics in europe, which is closer to you so you save some flight costs, and also you can expect much better results

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've done it twice in my country with great results.

Sounds like your result is similar to mine after the first transplant. It was much better, had a hairline that frames my face nicely, but still not fully satisfying, had a lot of gaps.

8 months after the 2nd transplant, I have the Hollywood hairstyle (looks pretty perfect from the front, other areas perhaps less so if I get super critical, but I can't see them when I look in the mirror anyway so I don't worry about it). Feel like a normal looking guy, 2-4 years younger than my actual age. Dating life has become far easier, and I initiate much more bc I'm more confident.

Still plan a small 3rd and final procedure in about 2 years to improve some minor areas, but not stressin it at all anymore.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

Sounds like your result is similar to mine after the first transplant. It was much better, had a hairline that frames my face nicely, but still not fully satisfying, had a lot of gaps.

8 months after the 2nd transplant, I have the Hollywood hairstyle (looks pretty perfect from the front, other areas perhaps less so if I get super critical, but I can't see them when I look in the mirror anyway so I don't worry about it). Feel like a normal looking guy, 2-4 years younger than my actual age. Dating life has become far easier, and I initiate much more bc I'm more confident.

Still plan a small 3rd and final procedure in about 2 years to improve some minor areas, but not stressin it at all anymore.

I need another one. I REALLY want my crown filled in. Id love to see my hairline lowered but every guy I went to basically said it was impossible.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score

What is ur long term hair plan? I don't know ur age but i thought u were in ur 20s? U are on finasteride i presume? Just curious man.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What if you are diffuse though with some retrograde alopecia?

I have been told body hair can be used, which would suit me because I have thick body hair and beard, but I keep reading conflicting information.

I have heard beard hair is the only type of body hair considered permanent for a transplant, if this actually works I would happily use it.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
What if you are diffuse though with some retrograde alopecia?

I have been told body hair can be used, which would suit me because I have thick body hair and beard, but I keep reading conflicting information.

I have heard beard hair is the only type of body hair considered permanent for a transplant, if this actually works I would happily use it.

Ive read almost any hair can be used and some even eventually start growing like head hair after time. Ive wanted to use body hair (chest, back) for just densifier for a long time.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive read almost any hair can be used and some even eventually start growing like head hair after time. Ive wanted to use body hair (chest, back) for just densifier for a long time.

I have noticed my father lost his arm and leg hair with age, but the chest and beard hair remained thick. So I’m thinking they should work pretty well if I need them.

I did read something about chest hair growing longer and thicker on the scalp.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have noticed my father lost his arm and leg hair with age, but the chest and beard hair remained thick. So I’m thinking they should work pretty well if I need them.

I did read something about chest hair growing longer and thicker on the scalp.

When I did my hair transplant's I asked the Doctor a few times to try using some of my chest hairs as a test and he kind of kept humoring me but ignoring the request. I wish I forced the subject more just to see how it would have turned out. I will need another so I will probably push harder this time. I just want to see how it would work out in a small area then go from there.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I did my hair transplant's I asked the Doctor a few times to try using some of my chest hairs as a test and he kind of kept humoring me but ignoring the request. I wish I forced the subject more just to see how it would have turned out. I will need another so I will probably push harder this time. I just want to see how it would work out in a small area then go from there.

I would be interested in the outcome if you do this. I’m guessing it works well if you have strong body hair, I think testing a small area first is a must though.