Stop shedding!!! Is this for good or temporary?

scud666

Established Member
Reaction score
i REALLY hope i don't jinx myself, but for the last 5 days, I have had VERY little shedding. I don't know if ppl recall my post in suspecting that my hairloss is due to not rinsing my conditioner and shampoo for a few days in a row.

anyways this is a miracle. my computer desk used to be covered with hair each day. i spend 8+ hours each day working in front of my home computer. I usually get 15+ hairs a day, then 5 hairs in my sink for brushing my teeth, washing my face, and shaving. then i would shed another 30 hairs in the shower totalling 50+ hairs (i don't check my pillow). but for the past few days I'm getting 5 on desk, 3 sink and 20 in shower, totaling 30.

i'm still shaking my head and running my fingers through my finger as i'm typing this thread and only one hair shed totaling 5 hairs today on my desk.

so what is happening here to me? does male pattern baldness have these seasonal fluctations? or have all my "pre-programmed" hairs fallen off leaving the strong ones still in tact till i reach an older age?

so which one is it? i'm not going to start celebrating cause i'll probably jinx it if i do.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hair cycles with or without hair loss treatments. Its the most basic function of hair to cycle in growth, loss, and resting phases. Sheds are just the loss phase which is actually just pre-dormancy. Now those hairs that fell out are "sleeping". Totally normal. Even people without male pattern baldness experience it, just to a less noticeable extent.

In another 2-6 months you will shed again. Expect it. The question is, each time those hairs cycle back in, will they be stronger and healthier than they were before because you're on a treatment like Propecia or Minoxidil? or will they cycle back in minutely less strong, less long, and less pigmented than before? After many many cycles, you see miniaturization, which eventually leads to more skin showing through, and bald spots/receding hairlines. If you've determined you are indeed experiencing thinning (miniaturization) from male pattern baldness, you can at any time begin a proven treatment like propecia and stop the degradation process.

HairLossTalk.com