Stomach problems and cut up Proscar pills!! PLEASE help !!

pehlavoon

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I decided to take Propecia about a year ago. My doctor recommended Proscar 6 months ago because its cheaper. I just cut them up into 4 pieces and have one everyday. But now I have stomach problems. It seems that it gets all funky on me more often then not especially when I drink alcohol. Even if I have 2 shots of vodka I feel it the next day. I don't take any medication other then my hair loss medication. One time I had blood in my stool and I went to the hospital and the doctor told me I was fine. Just don't drink. But even when I don't drink I have stomach problems, gas, growling etc... What do you think? Is it because I cut up Proscar pills? Should I go back to Propecia regardless of the price? I'm a really healthy guy but this is killing me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Mew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
- Get your liver checked.
Finasteride can elevate liver enzymes and cause liver damage in certain people, since it is metabolized extensively in the liver.

- Get your thyroid checked.
Some guys (self included, started round month 8 of 11) had problems with digestion, constipation, "poo pellets", stomach aches and just generally feeling "sick" while on Finasteride. Turns out we had elevated TSH (hypothyroidism) after coming off the drug, the symptoms of which I just described.

Blood Tests to get:
Liver - AST, ALT, GGT, Bilirubin
Thyroid - TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Thyroid Antibodies (Hashimoto's)

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Mew said:
- Get your liver checked.
Finasteride can elevate liver enzymes and cause liver damage in certain people, since it is metabolized extensively in the liver.

- Get your thyroid checked.
Some guys (self included, started round month 8 of 11) had problems with digestion, constipation, "poo pellets", stomach aches and just generally feeling "sick" while on Finasteride. Turns out we had elevated TSH (hypothyroidism) after coming off the drug, the symptoms of which I just described.

Blood Tests to get:
Liver - AST, ALT, GGT, Bilirubin
Thyroid - TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Thyroid Antibodies (Hashimoto's)

:agree: