Stocking Up! How Many Do You Recommend? I Have 8

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have stocked up to 8 brand new systems on hand. How many would you recommend during the shortage? How many do you have on reserve?

Reactions: TEG

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have stocked up to 8 brand new systems on hand. How many would you recommend during the shortage? How many do you have on reserve?
I have 3 that are already cut. I couple not cut and 2 that should be on the way since Feb, but I am not holding my breath.

8? Wow, you're worse than me. I thought I always had too many. How long do you keep your pieces for?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on how often you replace the one you're wearing.

I get through 2 systems a year, though I know I will increase to 3 systems / year now for a 'fresher' look. So for me, at this moment, I have 2 systems on order and that's me done for the next year I hope.

If I had 8 systems in stock I would open up my own salon :D:rolleyes:

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have 3 that are already cut. I couple not cut and 2 that should be on the way since Feb, but I am not holding my breath.

8? Wow, you're worse than me. I thought I always had too many. How long do you keep your pieces for?
I usually like to change out at 3 to 4 months.

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where is everyone ordering from? I'm considering order 2 systems. Two different suppliers to be on the safe side.

Is Lord hair reliable?

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, I really hope this quarantine ends sometime next year. I pushed my hair system journey back one more year, because I knew that it wouldn't be sustainable since these companies will be shutting down.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One I am wearing which will get me through into early 2021. I had it cut in in September 2019 but had it off for 5-months.

One uncut and 3 on the way plus a semi retired piece I use here and there when I can get away with it during lockdown.

I should be good until 2024.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Why is that? Not even one on your head now?
I have just 2 which I am wearing right now already and they will be good until july. Definitely need to buy more. I just made an order through Northwestlace and there don't seem to be any problems.

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
4 older ones that I can milk; 2 newer ones that have been recently cut in. 2 uncut. I use 2 a year, but I could easily get 2 to last 18 months. French lace/non-exposed hairline btw.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
So one thing I noticed... well-made synthetic... lasts almost forever. Wearing my "summer cut" now since May 1st, and looks the same. Will go back to my other one... the fuller one, in a month or so.

The new one... goes on in cool weather (Oct/Nov). So I have 4, total.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well nostab, I think I have you beat. I just heard from my supplier for he was answering my inquiry about 2 units that should have been here by now. He just informed me another 7-8 weeks! I kinda freaked, and I ordered them in February! I went to the closet in this box I throw them in. I have a total of 10 new ones. 1 that I am wearing is still good and a couple I could make do if need be.

I have some new ones that I really cannot use anymore; I had to get the length of the base increased due to a head injury. And by the way, if you have a head injury really bad the hair won't grow back. There is a gash in my skull under my piece surrounded by perfectly good hair that I am, unfortunately, obliged to shave.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well nostab, I think I have you beat. I just heard from my supplier for he was answering my inquiry about 2 units that should have been here by now. He just informed me another 7-8 weeks! I kinda freaked, and I ordered them in February! I went to the closet in this box I throw them in. I have a total of 10 new ones. 1 that I am wearing is still good and a couple I could make do if need be.

I have some new ones that I really cannot use anymore; I had to get the length of the base increased due to a head injury. And by the way, if you have a head injury really bad the hair won't grow back. There is a gash in my skull under my piece surrounded by perfectly good hair that I am, unfortunately, obliged to shave.
Lol, I was looking for someone to have more than me so I didn't feel like I'm the only one.

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the realistic time right now for delivery? Isn't China mostly back to normal?
I asked my stylist about this, who also sells pieces. She said the borders are closed and custom units are not even being made. I do not know if this is true...can someone verify this?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I asked my stylist about this, who also sells pieces. She said the borders are closed and custom units are not even being made. I do not know if this is true...can someone verify this?

Hey guys... so I got word that our factory IS making custom units... the lead time is now 16 weeks from receipt of order + template (unless you work from size, then you can save on that extra week of transit.

Yeah... a long time... but I have word that systems are being delivered.

S

Reactions: TEG

TEG

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys... so I got word that our factory IS making custom units... the lead time is now 16 weeks from receipt of order + template (unless you work from size, then you can save on that extra week of transit.

Yeah... a long time... but I have word that systems are being delivered.

S
Well that is a good sign. I, however, inquired with Northwest lace about this and he is not taking custom orders.

JohnathonNY

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the situation on stock pieces? I've noticed that my main supplier that sells Jet Black Swiss has been sold out for two months now.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is the situation on stock pieces? I've noticed that my main supplier that sells Jet Black Swiss has been sold out for two months now.

Factories are slowly rebuilding stock. It is still hard to find med-light density with #1B color.