Still Shedding On Dutasteride 2.5mg!

Josephs

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 34 years old, I started Propecia 1mg/day at 32 when I started noticing shedding. I'm a diffuse thinner, I have hair loss all over my head a slightly receding hair line on my right temple.

Around 3 months ago I switched to Avodart Dutasteride 2.5 mg/daily, since then I noticed improved thickness but I'm still shedding around 100 hairs/day all over the head, I also noticed more thinning on frontal hairline. I even shed from the sides and back of my head, some even are miniaturized hairs. I've done a blood test last week and my serum DHT level is 50 pg/ml which is very low. I'm wondering how I'm still shedding a lot of hairs and most of them are miniaturized from all over the head.

What else could be causing this ongoing shed and the miniaturized hair all over especially the sides?
Any recommendation on what to add to my regimen?

Thank you!

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the 2.5mg of dutasteride :eek:

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Around 3 months ago I switched to Avodart Dutasteride 2.5 mg/daily, since then I noticed improved thickness but I'm still shedding around 100 hairs/day all over the head, I also noticed more thinning on frontal hairline. I even shed from the sides and back of my head, some even are miniaturized hairs.
How come you are thickening and miniaturizing at the same time?

I would reduce the dosage. Saw too many similar stories. Getting backfired on high dose finasteride/dutasteride.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 34 years old, I started Propecia 1mg/day at 32 when I started noticing shedding. I'm a diffuse thinner, I have hair loss all over my head a slightly receding hair line on my right temple.

Around 3 months ago I switched to Avodart Dutasteride 2.5 mg/daily, since then I noticed improved thickness but I'm still shedding around 100 hairs/day all over the head, I also noticed more thinning on frontal hairline. I even shed from the sides and back of my head, some even are miniaturized hairs. I've done a blood test last week and my serum DHT level is 50 pg/ml which is very low. I'm wondering how I'm still shedding a lot of hairs and most of them are miniaturized from all over the head.

What else could be causing this ongoing shed and the miniaturized hair all over especially the sides?

Thank you!

Diffuse thinning + 2.5mg Dutasteride with Serum DHT 50 pg/ml not working sounds like thyroid or vitamin deficiency issue.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Im on 10mg and sheddig like crazy, receding and have diffuse areas bad now. So im with you OP. I dont get how this makes sense, but ive trued everything but ru and a transplant. Cant stop my hairloss.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on 10mg and sheddig like crazy, receding and have diffuse areas bad now. So im with you OP. I dont get how this makes sense, but ive trued everything but ru and a transplant. Cant stop my hairloss.

i bet it would slow down if you stop taking all this crap man. You keep digging your grave deeper and deeper when you continue to take more and more AA's that DON'T work for you. Hell, they just speed things up.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Theres literally no way to know if thats the case. I continued to lose hair at the same pace i was before treatments, but i had a 1 year battle with insane inflammation and rapid recession on one side. 99% of men respond so i gues im the 1%

gmaster

Reaction score
You're not alone
I'm on 2.5 dutasteride for one year, still shedding, still loosing ground. Seems to have no effect on me.

Josephs

My Regimen
Reaction score

That's very strange, there could be some other reasons as JeanLucBB mentioned, maybe Telogen Effluvium, thyroid or vitamin deficiency.
My TSH and vitamin levels were nominal expect some vitamin D deficiency, anyway I'm going to redo them soon.

I have just added Minoxidil 8% to my regimen, I hope it helps as I'm trying to find a topical solution rather than staying on DHT inhibitors on the long term.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Theres literally no way to know if thats the case. I continued to lose hair at the same pace i was before treatments, but i had a 1 year battle with insane inflammation and rapid recession on one side. 99% of men respond so i gues im the 1%

That's the mad thing about all of this isn't it?
You have no way of knowing if it is in fact working to an extent and you would be a lot worse off if you weren't taking such a high does!

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
Mabye that high of a dose causes more problems than good. I know someone taking duty in person, who takes 2 0.5 tabs a week. Nothing else. His recovery has been mind blowing, considering he also now uses steroids.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

Are you experiencing other systems, like higher sex drive, oilier hair/scalp, more body hair? I am seeing a pattern lately. People who experience the symptoms that I mentioned continue to lose hair on finasteride. In fact, finasteride expedites their hair loss. It likely happens due to increased AR sensitivity due to finasteride. On the other hand, if you experience symptoms such as reduced sex drive or reduced scalp oiliness, finasteride will likely work for you. This is my speculation of course so don't take it as a medical advice.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's with that f*****g dosage? Isn't the normal like .5mg? f***

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Thank you!

I am not aware of any side effects either. Adding Ru and Seti to my regimen currently, let's see what happens.

Is something working for you guys? Still shedding on duta as well