Still No Answer From HairLossTalk Shop.com?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
There's the one that shows less minoxidil in liposomes works just as well...compared to more minoxidil in a regular vehicle.

Works just as well at growing hair? Do you have proof of that? A "study", preferably, and not just marketing claims for some commercial product using liposomes? :)

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Wow. So the price is about the same as 5%, per milligram of minoxidil, which is all that matters. Bummer!

Do you live near the US border, so that you can drive over to a US pharmacy and stock-up on cheap Rogaine every now and then?

Yes I live near Birch Bay but I need a new passport as I lost mine, it's not like it used to be when you could come and go as you please :( . I'm currently waiting on that in the mail.

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
There's the one that shows less minoxidil in liposomes works just as well...compared to more minoxidil in a regular vehicle.

Sure but where can you buy these liposomes? they don't just come in any minoxidil solution. I heard Spectral.DNC has liposomes but that stuff gave me a bad itch and a rash after 3 months, I'm not even sure I trust them either, they keep changing there products (adding stuff and taking out stuff as well as their products changing color and texture). If you could buy liposomes I'm sure I would be hesitant on putting them into my Rogaine anyway.

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:

Works just as well at growing hair? Do you have proof of that? A "study", preferably, and not just marketing claims for some commercial product using liposomes? :)

You need to take Ginkgo. :shakehead:

BLOCK-COPOLYMER NANOPARTICLE FOR FOLLICULAR DELIVERY OF HAIRDRUGS

Won-seok Park, Jong-won Shim, Dae-seok Sung, Dae-kwon Kim, Chang-hoon Lee, Yong-chul Shim

AmorePacific R&D Center, Yongin-si, Korea

The hair follicle is acknowledged to be a complex, dynamic structure which may contribute significantly to passive transport of compounds into the scalp. To elucidate the improved delivery of hair drugs such as minoxidil and cyclosporin A(CsA) with the use of nanoparticles, we developed a follicular delivery system based on the self-assembled block-copolymer(PCG-101) nanoparticle.

Self-assembled nanoparticles and phosphatidylcholine liposomes (330 nm) containing minoxidil & CsA were prepared. The distribution pattern of fluorescence dye (rubrene), entrapped in block-copolymer and liposome, was observed in dorsal guinea pig skin and hamster ear using confocal microscopy. The two penetrated drugs were measured using the Franz diffusion cell with rodent skins. Also, the anagen induction & elongation activities of the two drugs, entrapped in nano-particles, were observed using female C57bl/6 mice in the telogen phase.

We observed that insoluble rubrene fluorescence dye, entrapped in nanoparticles, penetrated via the pilosebaceous pathway in guinea pig skin and hamster ear region. In the Franz cell experiment, minoxidil, which was entrapped in nanoparticles of the 40 nm size, diffused significantly more in hairy guinea pig skin +/- by 1.8~2.4 fold +/- compared to those in liposome and ethanol solution. There was no significant difference in the activity of anagen induction of C57BL/6 mouse between 3 % minoxidil solution (propylene glycol and ethanol) and 0.5 % minoxidil nanoparticle solution. Also, the same dose (0.2%) of CsA, entrapped in nanoparticles, showed higher activities of anagen elongation compared to CsA dissolved in ethanol & polyol solution.

On the basis of in vitro and in vivo experimental models, block-copolymer nanoparticles can be effectively used as a permeation shunt system via pilosebaceous units in substitution for liposomes.

Jacob

Reaction score
Mr_Reeses said:
Jacob said:

Sure but where can you buy these liposomes? they don't just come in any minoxidil solution. I heard Spectral.DNC has liposomes but that stuff gave me a bad itch and a rash after 3 months, I'm not even sure I trust them either, they keep changing there products (adding stuff and taking out stuff as well as their products changing color and texture). If you could buy liposomes I'm sure I would be hesitant on putting them into my Rogaine anyway.

I wouldn't bother trying to add liposomes to a minoxidil solution...or anything.

I know there are others..but here's one(I think you have to email to order): http://www.sinere.com/nanominox-ms_en.html

I can't believe...once again...that Bryan of all ppl was asking for evidence :shakehead:

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
I know there are others..but here's one(I think you have to email to order): http://www.sinere.com/nanominox-ms_en.html

That's great I've actually heard of Nanominox before and seems like good stuff, I'm just not that interested in all those extra ingredients. I feel good that minoxidil by itself is effective enough, but thanks for that link Jacob, I'm sure someone here will be interested.

Mr_Reeses

Established Member
Reaction score
even if Bryan keeps asking for evidence sometimes it's nice to view it over again and I'm sure some of us newbies here wouldn't mind seeing some evidence as well.

Jacob

Reaction score
The reason I said that is because there is no evidence for the products(Prox/Nano/etc) he has been pushing in these forums for 10+ years. In another forum even..someone was just positive Bryan would come to the rescue to post all the studies etc for the ingreds found in the products. Never happened.

I was trying to find some of the other encapsulated minoxidil's I've posted about..can't find 'em. There' s one I think was preservative-free...or was it pg-free......