still losing ground on finasteride 1mg eod

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im 35. On minoxidil for 8 years now and on finasteride for about 2-3 years quite consisently. Taking original proscar which I cut in four pieces.
What can I say? I responded to minoxidil like hell! But finasteride is not doing visible results for me like stoping hairloss. I started it 1 year prior to my transplant.
Currently I do only take it because I believe its realistic that it atleasr slows it down a bit and there are no other options.

I am happy for EVERY tip. Maybe to enhance the finasteride effect?

I need to stop the loss or I get a big depression

HairKing20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im 35. On minoxidil for 8 years now and on finasteride for about 2-3 years quite consisently. Taking original proscar which I cut in four pieces.
What can I say? I responded to minoxidil like hell! But finasteride is not doing visible results for me like stoping hairloss. I started it 1 year prior to my transplant.
Currently I do only take it because I believe its realistic that it atleasr slows it down a bit and there are no other options.

increase your finasteride dose, if that doesn't work use your current dose and include dutasteride

if you still can't stabilize your hair loss, then it's over. Get a system

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks. dutasteride topical okay?
On finasteride ed i get bloated, but I will try.
I also have hair pain, any tips for that? Like diclofenac maybe

HairKing20

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. dutasteride topical okay?
On finasteride ed i get bloated, but I will try.
I also have hair pain, any tips for that? Like diclofenac maybe
hair pain is caused by not taking care you hair and scalp. Massage, don't shampoo to often, don't shower with hot water on your hair.

I don't know the difference between topical and oral dutasteride sorry.
If you get bloated try altering diet, maybe drink more water.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This entire forum is trying to stop the loss (real or perceived) to avoid a big depression my friend.

Which areas are you losing ground in that make you think Finasteride is no longer working?

You could try increasing Finasteride to daily instead of EOD. If that doesn’t help, try switching to oral min (2.5mg) daily. If those don’t work then try switching to dutasteride. Last option is more surgery.

Calvino82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you talking about oral or topical Finasteride? If it is the first option, then the answer should be obvious. Otherwise my best advice would be: just try out Dutasteride and see which one works best for u. As far as i can tell, about everybody using Finasteride is slowing down that hair loss, but in some cases it may be just not enough. I think the greatest combo is still: Finasteride, Hair Transplant and Dermopigmentaion. Dermopigmentation will work best with short hair but it does good also with longer, to increase the perceived density of the hairline! I believe that even in the worst case scenario if u follow this tips and pick a good doctor for hair transplant and operator for Dermopigmentation, you would get quite of a good result. Good luck!

Last edited: