Steroids for severe tendon inflammation - Aggrevate male pattern baldness?

selos

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Im 23, Norwood 2-2.5 (dam it), and have been losing my hair since 19 or so.

I have had severe tennis elbow / tendon inflammation for months now, the doctors say the only option left is to inject steroids into the muscle.

I am worried as to whether this is going to aggrevate my male pattern baldness? I'm not sure how many times they inject or what dosage so if anyone knows and can shed some light it would be much appreciated.

I am currently undergoing an insane shedding phase, which im attributing to the season as I've only added folligen to my regime and the thought of more hair falling out literally sickens me.

Any help or insight would be excellent.

Thanks
Chris

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are concerned by your hairloss, maybe you should start considering treatments like rogaine foam.
From what I've read and from my experience I think this is the more efficient treatment out there(but you have to try it for at least 6 months and with maybe some shedding at the start).

Be sure you read a lot on this forum before you start any treatment.

And I'm sorry, but most feedback from people I knew who took steroids were that it accelerates baldness pretty fast.
Although, It also depends on the quantity you will take(also, maybe see another doctor)

Good luck