Steps to take next?

kiwiboy

Reaction score
Been taking minoxidil twice a day and finasteride 1.25mg for 10 months now and have noticed absolutely no change at all. What is the next step? Here is a pic

IMG_1106.JPG

Frustrating because as you can see I still have hair there growing on my head but alot of the hair especially around the edges is dormant hair

Last edited:

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah it could be frustrating, but really your doing all you can. Just wait and see it might get better as time goes on there are people that dont respond until more then a year. You cant expect regrowth just keeping what you have now which is why starting early is so important.
Its funny because you have to start early to keep your hair yet most doctors wont prescribe it unless you come in flat out Norwood 5 or something. Kind of a catch 22

Bob Dylan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Up the dosage of finasteride to at least 1mg. No offense to you at all, but I'm always perplexed when I read things like "I've been on [lowest dose possible] of finasteride for [prolonged number of months], and I am disappointed in the results." Well of course. I'm not saying it'll work, but I'm on 1.25mg and seeing good results, and there's no way I'd ever cut down to .25mg. Ramp that sucker up (get on 5mg finasteride and cut it up; cheaper than 1mg finasteride).

kiwiboy

Reaction score
Okay so its been around a year now and still no sign of change, time to move onto dutasteride?

Runninghair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your vortex doesnt look too good buddy. I think your problem is not just your hairline. Looks like diffuse thinning

tylerduren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ditch the drugs
Clean up diet
Do carido
Stop wanking over p**rn every night
Get jacked in the gym
Shave head
Hit sunbeds
Get laid