Stephen Colbert

snoopy85

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone watched his show recently? I noticed he shaved his head but i couldn't find any pictures. I've been pretty obssessed with hairlines lately and to me his hair seemed pretty receeded, but i guess it might be a good example of a mature hairline? He is 45 so i guess he's one of the lucky ones. Since he shaved his head i guess we can assume he hasn't had any work done. I also have to mention he looks a lot better with hair.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about posting a similar topic for a while now.
Hair-splitting, but HE didn't shave his head. Gen. Ray Odierno did so, on orders from Barack Obama.
He has one of the most unevenly receded hair lines I've ever seen. He's definitely balding, and it was obvious before his head got shaved. Look at him circa "Strangers With Candy" and now.

snoopy85

Reaction score
To be honest i didn't think he was balding at all, he seemed to had really thick hair and a decent hairline. But now that it's shaved his hairlne looks so weird, not sure how to describe it. Here's a pic before the buzz, his hair looks pretty good to me.

Attachments

• colbert.jpg
    colbert.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,403

s.a.f

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
I'm not saying he's headed for NW7, but he's losing hair, thats for sure.
Oh yeah, he might even hit NW2.5 by the time he's 80. :roll:

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You people are crazy. I would kill for his hair. Especially at his age. The buzz may just look weird on him because he has that problem with his ear.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
ClayShaw said:

Seriously? SAF, I agree with you 90% of the time, but he's NW2.5 now. One side is NW3.
Definitely losing his hair. Not saying its bad for him, he's in his 40's and has some hair loss. But it's not "senile thinning" or whatever, it's male pattern baldness.

That is not an NW2.

Attachments

• colbertshave.jpg
    colbertshave.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,769

s.a.f

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
s.a.f said:
ClayShaw said:

Seriously? SAF, I agree with you 90% of the time, but he's NW2.5 now. One side is NW3.
Definitely losing his hair. Not saying its bad for him, he's in his 40's and has some hair loss. But it's not "senile thinning" or whatever, it's male pattern baldness.

That is not an NW2.

Well yeah I have to agree looking at that shaved pic he does look like a NW2.5 but then again when he grows it out it just looks like a normal head of hair especially for a middle aged man.
My point is its a very small degree of hairloss and its taken him 45 yrs to get to that stage, pointing out that a middle aged man has slight recession is pretty irrelevent you might aswell point out a few grey hairs or wrinkles. The average person would'nt even acknowledge that degree of hairloss.
The guy is probably never going to be classed as bald and has been lucky enough to keep his hair for the best part of his lifetime.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
[/quote]

Well yeah I have to agree looking at that shaved pic he does look like a NW2.5 but then again when he grows it out it just looks like a normal head of hair especially for a middle aged man.
My point is its a very small degree of hairloss and its taken him 45 yrs to get to that stage, pointing out that a middle aged man has slight recession is pretty irrelevent you might aswell point out a few grey hairs or wrinkles. The average person would'nt even acknowledge that degree of hairloss.
The guy is probably never going to be classed as bald and has been lucky enough to keep his hair for the best part of his lifetime.[/quote]

I'd agree with that. I mistakenly thought you were saying that he didn't have male pattern baldness. I don't think he will ever be a "bald guy". He'll probably have a spot on his crown in his 50's/60's, but he's not going to be anywhere near an NW7.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
I'd agree with that. I mistakenly thought you were saying that he didn't have male pattern baldness. I don't think he will ever be a "bald guy". He'll probably have a spot on his crown in his 50's/60's, but he's not going to be anywhere near an NW7.

Wow - I can't even get s.a.f. to admit NW3 guys are balding. Well done.

I think Colbert and Jon Stewart both have great, great hair. Stewart is still a NW1 - Colbert has recession but he has very thick hair overall.

But yeah - nobody except us would know that Colbert was balding - and by balding it might be more appropriate to say "balded" - I doubt he's lost any hair in years.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
ClayShaw said:

I think Colbert and Jon Stewart both have great, great hair. Stewart is still a NW1 - Colbert has recession but he has very thick hair overall.

But yeah - nobody except us would know that Colbert was balding - and by balding it might be more appropriate to say "balded" - I doubt he's lost any hair in years.

Well I class balding as the the process of going bald: MALE PATTERN BALDNESS - Bald being NW5+ so if a middle aged guy has some recession but is not going to lose all his hair then I dont class him as balding I class him as having some recession.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
ClayShaw said:

Nah, Stewart's hair is just combed in such a way as to suggest an NW1. Very, very few adult white men are NW1's, Stewart is not one of them. In fact, he's balding. Not in the front, but he's working on a bald spot in the back.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Thickandthin said:
ClayShaw said:

Well I class balding as the the process of going bald: MALE PATTERN BALDNESS - Bald being NW5+ so if a middle aged guy has some recession but is not going to lose all his hair then I dont class him as balding I class him as having some recession.

I would say bald is NW4+, because NW4 has a bald crown. That differs with age though. I don't see a 60 year old NW4 as bald, but I do see a 30 year old NW4 as bald.
But, I think we basically agree.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
Thickandthin said:
ClayShaw said:

Nah, Stewart's hair is just combed in such a way as to suggest an NW1. Very, very few adult white men are NW1's, Stewart is not one of them. In fact, he's balding. Not in the front, but he's working on a bald spot in the back.

I'd like to see a pic of that. Stewart has a high hairline but I don't see any recession.

The Rake

Reaction score
colbertbuzzed4.jpg

Stewart's receding, but he's doing really well for a guy his age. Don't think he's at a point where has to worry about it.

barcafan

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Thickandthin said:
ClayShaw said:

Uh recession is baldness brah.