Stemoxydine and minoxidil?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I am basically walking around with **** on my head every waking hour of the day. With minoxidil 2x daily, and now I recently added the Garnier Fructis with Stemoxydine, there isn't a single hour that I don't have some kind of goop slathered on my scalp.

That said, I am wondering if there is any kind of conflict between these two. Like, I apply minoxidil when I wake up around 9 in the morning, and usually around 6 PM in the evening. But in between after about 4 hours have passed I put the Stemoxydine. I am wondering if I need to wash out my hair of the minoxidil before I apply that, and also when I apply minoxidil again in the evening, do I need to wash the Stemoxydine out. On the Stemoxydine box it says not to wash it off, so, yah... I've no idea. :woot:

Better be some damn results, these topicals are a pain in the azzz.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
IDK man, people say they've had some results, and SwissTemples said it was beneficial. I don't know where he got that info though, I can't find a single clinical study done on it or anything.

I decided to give it a go so we'll see.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I mix stem and minoxidil in evening and apply. IDK if it is counteractive together, but I asked swiss and he didnt think it'd be an issue

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I went from plain minoxidil to minoxidil+stemoxydine+retin-a+peppermint oil in one application and got regrowth in the temples. Maybe the stemoxydine is n't doing anything but it's cheap enough if you buy the garnier brand.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mr_robot, when we say regrowth, do you mean thick terminal or vellus? There's a big cosmetic difference in the two.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stemoxydine works. It's not as strong as minoxidil though.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mr_robot, when we say regrowth, do you mean thick terminal or vellus? There's a big cosmetic difference in the two.

No not vellus hairs, I had vellus hairs on my temples before I started with minoxidil, they where pigment less and about 2mm long compared to 1mm on my forehead. The new hairs are n't 100% terminal thickness yet but we're only talking about 3 months or so of time. I have a thread on the success stories section with pictures.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Might look into this peppermint oil/stemox mix then. How do you guys go about mixing it? Or do you just apply one after the other separately?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Might look into this peppermint oil/stemox mix then. How do you guys go about mixing it? Or do you just apply one after the other separately?

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that has tried this combination and I actually no longer add peppermint oil into my stemox mix, I now add it to my morning minoxidil. However of the first three months of the four months of serious results what I did was:

Into one 84ml bottle of Garnier Stemox add 21 drops of peppermint oil from a 10ml bottle of essential peppermint oil. In addition I would add 4-5g of generic tretinoin 0.1% gel. Give everything a good shake.
Apply 2ml of 5% liquid minoxidil as I covered crown, vertex, temples/hairline and front sides.
Apply 6ml of Stemox mix over all head, 6ml is pretty much going to make your head wet.
Brush hair for a few minutes.

A couple of points:

21 drops in the bottle may be too much for some people, so start off with 7 drops try a little and keep on adding until it becomes just about tolerable. The cooling effect lasts for about 30 minutes.

By applying the stemox (which is mainly alcohol) right after the minoxidil you are pretty much guaranteed to get systemic absorption and to make things worse (or better depending on your view) the cooling effect increases blood circulation. I personally have never had any adverse reactions but I did get longer hair growth on my fingers, on the back hands and the vellus hair around my ears went dark brown which I to singe off with a flame. To counter-act this you can either apply the stemox first and wait for it to dry (dries quite quickly) before adding minoxidil or use less minoxidil.

equillig

My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone have experience with neogenic? I hear that you are supposed to use it for 3 months then stop for three months because it becomes useless after that first three months and the continue this cycle over and over again. Can anyone share any details? I want to add it to my regimen

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use both Minoxidil and Stemoxydine. I use regular generic Minoxidil foam and for Stemoxydine I use the Neogenic brand. I really use the Neogenic vehicle to mix my RU58841 in it as I find it much better than the tradition Ethanol and Propylene Glycol combination.

When it comes to using hair growth treatments, Minoxidil significantly outperforms Stemoxydine.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use both Minoxidil and Stemoxydine. I use regular generic Minoxidil foam and for Stemoxydine I use the Neogenic brand. I really use the Neogenic vehicle to mix my RU58841 in it as I find it much better than the tradition Ethanol and Propylene Glycol combination.

When it comes to using hair growth treatments, Minoxidil significantly outperforms Stemoxydine.

My opinion is that they work better together then individually as Minoxidil encourages growth via growth factors but and the progenitor cells that Stemoxydine (supposedly) helps cultivate should give you better regrowth.

BTW the L'oreal patent only mentions Ethanol and PG, my Garnier Stemoxydine only mentions denatured alcohol which is most likely ethanol.

equillig

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool thanks guys! Not really a fan of minoxidil but I'll definitely use stemoxydine as a carrier for some pge2 I'm trying to get!

labellavita1985

Established Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys getting Garnier brand Stemoxydine? I can't find it on Amazon (I'm in the US.)

The other varieties are so expensive, and Amazon is telling me there are only a few in stock so they are not gonna be available much longer anyway, so I really want to find a source for the Garnier brand.

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
You gotta go to european amazon with your account, i bought from italian one. Spanish one had it the cheapest i saw. They can ship to US.

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score

This is exactly what I'm planning to do, adding RU to stem/min regimen. How long have you done it. Any results yet?