Stem Cells What I Learned From A Visite In The Biotechnologie Faculty

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I visited the biotechnological faculty of the university i am currently working at. Here are some information regarding stem cells in general and regarding hairloss.

Normal cells can be turned into stem cells since 2014 and it is allready state of the art teaching. This cells indeed are more likely to evelop tumorgenesis. (This is an approach used by alexey)

Cartilage like hair is very hard to recreate. One methode to do so is to make a whole in the nearest bone and let the bone marrow partially bleed out. The stem cells in the bone marrow can recreate the cartilage if there is still some cartilage left. The bone marrow is also the reason why bones can heal after breaking. The bone marrow goes out and the stem cells create new bone tissue.
(I asked if this technic could be used for hairloss.)
The stem cells mimic the behavior of the surounding cells. That means if the are applied to a follicle the can strengthen it and repair it if there are enough cells left which the stem cells can mimic.
Another problem is nobody would allow to extract bone marrow to cure hairloss.

I also asked about shiseido/replicel riken and follica. He was only aware of riken (because of the organ and teeth regeneration) the other he never heard of. I explained their technologies and here is his opinion.

Follica:
He is no expert in hair follicle. But from his understanding if they archieve neogenesis. The neogenesis should only take place in areas where are some hairs or at least dormant follicles. So if a Norwood 7 whos follicles are all really dead he would slowly create hair at the edge of the horseshoe which leads to an increasing horseshoe til the whole head is covered. (But he explicitly told me that this is an educated guess and for better information I should speak to someone who is more related to the hair subject.)

replicel/shiseido:
He thinks the claim that this treatment makes the hair imune or even more resistant to dht is very unlikely. The stem cells mimic the surounding cells. so the stem cells do not really have a codesequence that makes the hair follicle in the donor area dht resistant. But he said the stem cells repair the follicle and giving the their originally strength. So they can survive the attacks of dht and need to be repaired after a few years. So with an injecton every few years it has the same effect as if the follicle would be resistant to dht.

riken:
After he saw the pictures of the mouse with human hair and after we went through the last statement of rken he said they are through with the science. In his opinion tsuji can only fail if their protocoll somehow favor tumorgenesis. Which he thinks is very unlikely.
(I asked him how long the trials will take)
He could not even give an educated guess since he does not know the protocoll and the regulations.
(same holds for prices etc)

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very informative. But may I ask who "he" is ?

I feel delighted after reading this post.

Mykonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you elaborate more about the part where he thinks it's very unlikely that tsuji's method favors tumorgenesis

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you elaborate more about the part where he thinks it's very unlikely that tsuji's method favors tumorgenesis
Since he does not know the protocoll he does not know what exactly they are doing. But he does not believe a manipulation of the cells is needed for the replication without manipulation the chances for tumorgenesis of these cells are as low as the chances for every other cell in your body to form a tumor.
In his retina project for example they know that it wont form tumors. And he said if there is a slight risk that the protocoll favors tumors then riken would know that. And they would not allready speak about human trials.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Phd candidate doesnt mean as much as you think , but he might be right

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Phd candidate doesnt mean as much as you think , but he might be right

I myself am a phd student. So i think i know how much it means ;)

And he is very honest about when he is certain and when not. For instance about the follica thing he can be totally wrong since it is just an educated guess and he is no expert on this field.

And about rch-01 he was right with not beliving in neogenesis. (I asked him if he thinks that would be possible from the form of the treatment and he said he doubt it which replicell is also saying :) )

But yeah he is not involved in any development regarding this companies and of course they can use something he is not aware of.

I just thought it is worth sharing.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hope he succeeds, loss of vision is scary.

Yeah so far it does look quite good. Their current problem is an engineering problem. For growing the retina they need a really specific flow. Not to fast or unregullar to destry the retina and fast enough to feed it.
Since I am working in the field of fluid dynamics he will probably visite me when they have an idea how to work on that. I can keep you updated on the progress (without sharing detailed insights).

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I myself am a phd student. So i think i know how much it means ;)

And he is very honest about when he is certain and when not. For instance about the follica thing he can be totally wrong since it is just an educated guess and he is no expert on this field.

And about rch-01 he was right with not beliving in neogenesis. (I asked him if he thinks that would be possible from the form of the treatment and he said he doubt it which replicell is also saying :) )

But yeah he is not involved in any development regarding this companies and of course they can use something he is not aware of.

I just thought it is worth sharing.
No it is indeed worth sharing , i m just saying that they should be treated as educated opinions , before everyone starts losing their sh*t about rch not working and tsuji being the definite cure etc

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No it is indeed worth sharing , i m just saying that they should be treated as educated opinions , before everyone starts losing their sh*t about rch not working and tsuji being the definite cure etc

Yeah of course you are right.

But to be honest if rch-01 works as he thinks than I would be more than happy. Every few years an injection for no further loss. That sounds like a hell of a deal :D.

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I want to know this as well. What makes him say that it's unlikely that it will have a higher risk of tumorigenesis?

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

But to be honest if rch-01 works as he thinks than I would be more than happy. Every few years an injection for no further loss. That sounds like a hell of a deal :D.
ye it could be nice , but i would be surprised if a company like sisheido develops something that cant work because of the biology as intended .But we re gonna see in time with their results !

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score

Agree. A few injections per few years, no pills, no rubbing chemicals daily, no sides. It is like a dream.

If your friend is right, the sooner a person is treated with RCH, the better chance to get full recovery.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to know this as well. What makes him say that it's unlikely that it will have a higher risk of tumorigenesis?
Imo, it's because Tsuji uses autologous stem cells that are just amplified, whereas 'reprogramming' somatic cells into stem cells (that's iPSC technology) is a lot riskier since tumor-related genes are into play.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree. A few injections per few years, no pills, no rubbing chemicals daily, no sides. It is like a dream.

If your friend is right, the sooner a person is treated with RCH, the better chance to get full recovery.

I believe that holds true for every treatment.
On this forum there is often some discussion if follicle realy die. Some say yes and some say no and some say just through calcification(or something).
If they don t die theoretically all follicle should be able to reproduce hair after enough rch-01 injections. But I think that won t be the case :(

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that holds true for every treatment.
On this forum there is often some discussion if follicle realy die. Some say yes and some say no and some say just through calcification(or something).
If they don t die theoretically all follicle should be able to reproduce hair after enough rch-01 injections. But I think that won t be the case :(

There used to be a discussion regarding this. There is chance that the injected cells landed somewhere and not even reached the follicles, hence, hopefully, multiple injection would increase the chance to land onto the right follicle and "repair" it.
The part you friend mentioned "repair the follicle" if it holds true, would be wonderful since here is no way to "repair" the DHT-damaged follicle now. Follica-created follicles (neogenesis) may be again DHT sensitive again.
Another big 3 is: DHT + fibrosis + calcification :)
Nevertheless, everything is just theoretical. We need the trial data.