Stem Cell Regeneration - what happened?

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
Just watched the following video clip about stem cell hair regeneration. Apparently very promising and maybe even a future cure. Whatever happened to this? The Doctor in the video says they are going to start human trial and the treatment will hit the market very soon. WHY DO THESE MIRACLE CURES NEVER HAPPEN! There is lots of money to be made and the current treatments stink!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V64ht1r8APo

Viper

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
george-w-bush.jpg

"I happened"

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Whats happening more like...

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
There is little doubt though that George W Bush pushed back the technology of ALL stem cell miracles that might have been available much sooner, if not now. Now that Obama is in, I have little doubt there are going to be more and more discoveries and breakthroughs as stem cell research will almost definitely expand. Stem cells for hair is an obvious money maker, but I think it is going to take a bit longer then just a couple years. I'm willing to wager that we're going to have to wait 20 or so years, the typical amount of time it takes for companies to pass their drugs through the FDA process. We could have saved eight years on this, oh well....

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score
hhj1247 said:
There is little doubt though that George W Bush pushed back the technology of ALL stem cell miracles that might have been available much sooner, if not now. Now that Obama is in, I have little doubt there are going to be more and more discoveries and breakthroughs as stem cell research will almost definitely expand. Stem cells for hair is an obvious money maker, but I think it is going to take a bit longer then just a couple years. I'm willing to wager that we're going to have to wait 20 or so years, the typical amount of time it takes for companies to pass their drugs through the FDA process. We could have saved eight years on this, oh well....

God damn, i will be in my forties in 20 years...

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
hhj1247 said:

Not true. Stem cell research continued somewhat as always, it was just funded by the private sector as is many things, in fact the donations poured in and they use human embryos. It was never against the law. Bush just said your tax dollars, (your money, government money) will not be connected to aborted fetus and used in this way, use your own money. No one was trying to stop stem cell research but the blame Bush crowd loves to twist reality enough to push a good conspiracy theory down everyones gullible throat.

Also, new technology is already being develop that is making the use of human embryonic stem cells obsolete.

Now that Bush is gone we will have to blame ,,uh people like Charlton Heston? No, he's not around either. :whistle: