Stem cell discovery. Old news?

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how this is different from what McElwee/Hoffman (Replicel) observed over 10 years ago. Biernaskie is taking dermal sheath cells from the same general region and giving them a new name. You would think a Canadian would be familiar with Replicel's work. This research adds is some credence, but why have they not been able to apply it in practice with success.

http://www.cell.com/developmental-cell/pdfExtended/S1534-5807(14)00688-1

http://www.replicel.com/product-pipeline/rch-01-hair-regeneration/

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not sure how this is different from what McElwee/Hoffman (Replicel) observed over 10 years ago. Biernaskie is taking dermal sheath cells from the same general region and giving them a new name. You would think a Canadian would be familiar with Replicel's work. This research adds is some credence, but why have they not been able to apply it in practice with success.

http://www.cell.com/developmental-cell/pdfExtended/S1534-5807(14)00688-1

http://www.replicel.com/product-pipeline/rch-01-hair-regeneration/

LOL, agreed. But they'd tell you 'oh, we need another 5 years for that'

You gotta wonder, WHY the long waits. WHY does it take so long to do simple case studies? WTF???

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
They reference McElwee/Hoffman's original paper, so they are definitely aware of Replicel's research. Maybe they found the specific subset of DSC cells that are responsible for regenerating DP cells?

It took about 7 years for Replicel (formerly TrichoScience) to progress from published research to Phase I/IIa clinical trials. Now we are waiting another two years and counting for Phase IIb to begin. This discovery will take much longer than 10 years if they progress in a similar fashion. We would be better off if Shiseido bought their IP and incorporated it in RCH-01 Version 2.0.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many 'simple' peer-reviewed publications have you been involved with?

I haven't had the chance to volunteer. Give me the opportunity to try tofacitinib or something else for Androgenetic Alopecia and I'll be on it immediately.

MoHairMoBetta

Established Member
Reaction score

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm no expert but it does sound similar.

"Biernaskie says his team has already been working on this project for four years, but it will likely be another decade before clinical trials begin with humans."

Loooooooool.

4 years already, plus a made up number of 10 years to start clinical trials and another 10-17 years for trials to be over, which brings the total number to anywhere between 24-31 years.

LOOOOOOOOL indeed.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert but it does sound similar.

"Biernaskie says his team has already been working on this project for four years, but it will likely be another decade before clinical trials begin with humans."

Loooooooool.

I guess I start looking for my future wig.:crazy:

macbeth81

Established Member
Reaction score
The 10 years from publication till starting clinical trials estimate doesn't seem to far off based on Replicel's track record. They also mentioned possibly a cream form. That would differentiate them from Replicel.

Unfortunately, I would be 50 years old in the 20 years it will take to get to market. That is depressing.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The 10 years from publication till starting clinical trials estimate doesn't seem to far off based on Replicel's track record. They also mentioned possibly a cream form. That would differentiate them from Replicel.

Unfortunately, I would be 50 years old in the 20 years it will take to get to market. That is depressing.

What, What are you talking about?! That woman in the video said with a BIG SMILE that 'its not that far away, just be a little patient!'

LMAO, my god.. theres so much bullsh!t with this report.