Status of hair systems now in 2022?

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've checked in, still haven't gone the hair system route even though I have one I ordered in the past. How has the speed and reliability + hopefully price of hair systems improved?

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, they are still more expensive like everything.
Hair systems before the pandemic I could get stock systems for £150, now they are £250 or more.
The quality has gone downhill too, many dried out hair systems.
Speed maybe quicker as we are not in lockdown like in 2020.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, they are still more expensive like everything.
Hair systems before the pandemic I could get stock systems for £150, now they are £250 or more.
The quality has gone downhill too, many dried out hair systems.
Speed maybe quicker as we are not in lockdown like in 2020.
Dude, I couldn't agree more.

I went third party when the Pandemic hit and was still getting good pieces till Fall of 2020, but then the quality of everything dropped dramatically.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
From reading the posts over the last 12 months, results and experiences are mixed from the very good to poor or non existent orders. One universal result is higher prices

Last edited:

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
From reading the posts over the last 12 months, results and experiences are mixed from the very good to poor or non existent orders. One universal result is higher prices
Depends on supplier. So many new ones have popped up. Stick to Lord/Lavivid

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've stuck with a smaller supplier which seems to be fine for me
Could you PM the name?
I’ve been using various companies w mixed results, even from the same company, on duplicate pieces.

sorry for bringing up Lord ans Lavida. I assumed they were good…haven’t used Lord in a while.

I always thought Lord had terrible quality hair, but I wasn’t taking care of my pieces then, removing at night, and having hair to flip over into the tape.

because my first piece was cut very short I didn’t have that problem,
So I attributed it to Lord accidentally/stupidly

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who’s good now. I hear a lot of ppl mention Super pieces…

Since fall 2020 (which I agree was the cutoff point where pre-pandemic stock seems to have dried up) I've ordered from several suppliers. Bysix had by far the best quality hair, comparable to pre-pandemic standards in terms of the condition of the hair. But the ventilation is no better really than other suppliers.

I found an AliExpress seller who has the ventilation a little more fine tuned than I've been able to find since Fall 2020, but not consistently from piece to piece, and the condition of the hair is terrible. So those have been my buzz cut pieces.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Re: Bysix, I maybe don't see the ventilation being an issue if you keep the stock hairline contour intact and wear the hair a little longer. For what I was doing (very short haircut with fully exposed and carved irregular hairline) it's not well made enough and I had to get really MacGuyver with it to pull off the look.

DarthJoking

My Regimen
Reaction score
SuperHairPieces seem ok quality. Not terrible but not high quality either. Then again it's a stock system.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair quality is still an issue, wholesale prices are still fluctuating, and supply has increased dramatically.

Production times are down to almost pre-pandemic levels.

Don't expect prices to return to pre-pandemic levels, unless N. Korea re-opens, which it hasn't.

Rijad

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's grim. Quality standards are the major issue.

No, don't.

Def not Lord anyways.
Agreed. I used to order a lot from LordHair, but they messed up my order badly. Fine, they could have just done something for me and apologized and I could still order from them... But they did none, and blamed me for my "incorrect" haircare routine, etc. So not anymore.
I talked with my supplier the other day, they told me their factory is almost back to normal, and I still can get my unit without having to place a preorder. A happy camper here !