Starting Topical Finasteride Gel At 2,5%

julien1200

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I will share my experience and results with topical gel that i can buy from a doctor.
It is the same source as the Hasson & Wong gel.

I had very good results on dutasteride that I use for almost 10 years! And I am definitely not going to stop...
Maybe the hairloss progress still a bit slowly but I am sure I would be almost bald without that!
I still have most of my hairs but shedding has increased a bit since last year and I want to add something

I have tried topical spironolactone long time ago.
It has been now almost 1 year I use constantly RU58841, honestly I do not think it has help....
I am also not confortable buying a powder that comes from china. If my shedding increase again I might go back to RU. I know people say Kane is reliable but honestly how do we know that mixing RU in Stemoxydine is really effective....

I know some people will say that there is no point using finasteride gel if I am already on dutatsteride as it helps hair with the same action... But the fact it is TOPICAL might help to block some of the remaining DHT that is in the scalp.

When you read this study and from doctor point of view it is clear that topical finasteride is effective.
http://www.bioline.org.br/pdf?dv09011
Will it give added benefit when you already take dutasteride, I am really not sure!
But I think it is worth a shot. We never know

I will let you know in 3 months my opinion. I won't be able to judge on picture... I have too much hair for that. I will just evaluate regarding the shedding evolution. My objective is not grow but rather a better stabilisation.

Warm regards

julien1200

Established Member
Reaction score
I am surprised my topic get 0 interest.
I read constantly people complaining from side from finasteride or debating the question

From my experience and from the science to things work. Fina & minoxidil
So a topical finasteride seems quite something new in these forum !

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think it will be useless man, you are on duta which is really strong ! Still no sides on duta ? after 10 years ?

Willy_Aer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting...I am using oral finasteride+topical. I am starting to give some credit to my dermatologist that put me on this treatment, claiming that topical Finasteride added to oral dutas/finasteride creates some kind of synergy. What I guess she meant is that it adds some extra dht reducation in the scalp, as you said. I think it makes perfectly sense...I saw several studies (I looked for them, couldn't find them though) confirming that when you use finasteride/dutas the dht level in scalp is generally significantly higher than the overall systemic dht level. Anybody could confirm this hypothesis?

julien1200

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting...I am using oral finasteride+topical. I am starting to give some credit to my dermatologist that put me on this treatment, claiming that topical Finasteride added to oral dutas/finasteride creates some kind of synergy. What I guess she meant is that it adds some extra dht reducation in the scalp, as you said. I think it makes perfectly sense...I saw several studies (I looked for them, couldn't find them though) confirming that when you use finasteride/dutas the dht level in scalp is generally significantly higher than the overall systemic dht level. Anybody could confirm this hypothesis?

Hello Willy,

Where is based your doctor. I am glad to hear a professional recommended you that. Anyway I don't think there will ever be any study who will compare oral dutasteride alone with oral dutasteride + finasteride topical. But i think it is worth a try, they have the same mode of action but a different vehicle so one could complement the other. I will review in 6 months it is still too early to tell.

Best