Starting topical Asprin to supress prostaglandins

Sparky4444

Reaction score

We need to find a soluble COX-2 selective inhibitor.

I'm telling ya -- Alka-Seltzer has ASA in it...wouldn't that take the **** if you put that fizzy stuff on a bald scalp and it started to growth hair :doh:

just found this...

akp22191

Reaction score
Hey I though I should share something that I just found when I was searching about the whole PGD2 cure thing.

http://www.oxagen.co.uk/crth2-1.htm

If you look at the website for oxagen by clicking on that link, you can see that they have a CRTH2 inhibitor almost ready to be completed. If you look at the very bottom OC2286, it says suitable for topical use, selectivity, & potency established.

I mean why would someone need a topical for asthma? Could it be that they're working on a topical form for male pattern baldness, where it blocks the CRTH2 receptor hence limiting PGD2 on the scalp? It's already been identified that the CRTH2 and GPR44 pathways are the ones that need to be blocked in order to lower the PGD2 on the scalp.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Hey I though I should share something that I just found when I was searching about the whole PGD2 cure thing.

http://www.oxagen.co.uk/crth2-1.htm

If you look at the website for oxagen by clicking on that link, you can see that they have a CRTH2 inhibitor almost ready to be completed. If you look at the very bottom OC2286, it says suitable for topical use, selectivity, & potency established.

I mean why would someone need a topical for asthma? Could it be that they're working on a topical form for male pattern baldness, where it blocks the CRTH2 receptor hence limiting PGD2 on the scalp? It's already been identified that the CRTH2 and GPR44 pathways are the ones that need to be blocked in order to lower the PGD2 on the scalp.

...sure...under the guise of an asthma remedy to circumvent health guidelines...I wouldn't be surprised at all

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did someone try topical aspirin? maybe resolute the filling in by vodka, and water down your minoxidil to 2,5-3% (on long-term usage there is actually no difference)

There seems to be a few research journal showing that topical aspirin helps with skin problems and hair.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did someone try topical aspirin? maybe resolute the filling in by vodka, and water down your minoxidil to 2,5-3% (on long-term usage there is actually no difference)

There seems to be a few research journal showing that topical aspirin helps with skin problems and hair.

I've used salicylic acid as part of Alpicort F and had great results, but that was probably due to the estrogen in it. I've tried salicylic acid in Ethanol/water/PG numerous times and it doesn't do much on its own. It could potentially help absorption of topicals by acting as an exfoliant though.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used salicylic acid as part of Alpicort F and had great results, but that was probably due to the estrogen in it. I've tried salicylic acid in Ethanol/water/PG numerous times and it doesn't do much on its own. It could potentially help absorption of topicals by acting as an exfoliant though.

Yeah, old post. It seems to be worthless topically, even detrimentals effects on pge2 are likely. Was considering for a short time cox-inhibitors + castor oil back in the days.