Starting to lose my hair after 3 years on the big three, what next?

earlybalder

Reaction score
At first I thought it was seasonal shed (at winter) which happened the previous 3 years where the hair comes back good again. However it is almost summer now and my hair is worse off than before and I can barely comb it.

I'm a diffuse thinner Norwood 2 however im very diffuse at the front of my hair. I dont use minoxidil at crown because that is how I judge the effectiveness of propecia which maintained it for 3 years but now I as I look in the mirror both the crown and front are much worse.

What next for me? should I drop finasteride (I cut proscar into fifths and take 1 every day) and just take avodart ? or should I supplement avodart with my daily routine of finasteride. Bearing in mind that I havent felt any side effects that I'm aware of (thank god) from finasteride.

What routine should I go with if only avodart and what routine if both finasteride and avodart?

wolfman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Propecia DOESN'T eliminate all DHT in your hair follicles. The left over DHT is still there to interact with your genes, but at a much, much lower amount.

So obviously you still have enough DHT to signal miniaturization, but at a much slower rate now.

You need some more powerful anti-androgen therapy.

You have the option of either switching to, or adding Avodart which would be very helpful.

But what you really need is to add a more topical, local anti-androgen treatment; something more than just a ketoconazole shampoo three times a week. It should be something that has a different mechanism than a 5AR since you're already on one of the best and it'll just be redundant. It should be something that blocks the androgen receptor.

You got a lot of stuff to explore here: RU58841; cb 03 01; acj9; and a zinc, azliac acid, vitamin b6 combination (Revivogen) to name a few.

I'm on Avodart + RU58841 + Nizoral cream daily as my anti-androgen treatment.

diffuse2007

Reaction score
i think you should get a blood test to measure you current dht levels. in most men finasteride will inhibit 85-90% of 25ar but some men may get 70%. besides that i agree with the above poster you may need to add dutasteride and or a topical ar antagonist like spironolactone or ru

fuugenes

Reaction score
Keep in mind that Propecia DOESN'T eliminate all DHT in your hair follicles. The left over DHT is still there to interact with your genes, but at a much, much lower amount.

So obviously you still have enough DHT to signal miniaturization, but at a much slower rate now.

You need some more powerful anti-androgen therapy.

You have the option of either switching to, or adding Avodart which would be very helpful.

But what you really need is to add a more topical, local anti-androgen treatment; something more than just a ketoconazole shampoo three times a week. It should be something that has a different mechanism than a 5AR since you're already on one of the best and it'll just be redundant. It should be something that blocks the androgen receptor.

You got a lot of stuff to explore here: RU58841; cb 03 01; acj9; and a zinc, azliac acid, vitamin b6 combination (Revivogen) to name a few.

I'm on Avodart + RU58841 + Nizoral cream daily as my anti-androgen treatment.

I agree, I'm a believer of, your body gets used to medications. I would try asking your doctor if you can up the dose or shoot for avodart. btw, how many mg is your 1 tablet of proscar?