Starting The Journey At 33, Should Have Started At 25...

weez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, so I started thinning at about 25. 33 now. Only just decided to do something serious about my hair loss.

I used to use unapproved FDA hair shampoo, but it felt like snake oil to me.

So, fast forward to now. I've had to shave my head, the front is incredibly thin and the top is more or less completely bald.

I've felt quite overwhelmed by the amount of products out there and I don't want to waste money on junk or pseudoscience or unapproved, but I have invested in the following;

Morning Regaine 5% minoxidil foam (2 months) and 1mg of generic Finasteride (currently on week 3) but may switch to branded Propecia.

Using Caffeine shampoo almost daily.

Haven't noticed anything yet but my hair is proper short. I don't mind it like this, but I also like styling hair.

I am going to start taking Biotin daily and I was thinking of investing in a LaserComb (are they worth it?) I see they seem to work. Or should I go DermaRoller?

Is 1mg of Finasteride enough? Is there a time when I should increase the dose? I haven't had any side effects on it so far. I haven't noticed any difference in hair growth or shed.

I am trying my best to sift through the information, but there is so much and I want to make sure I am maximising my time and products to get regrowth, I am in it for the long run and I am not sure I want restoration at the moment.

Any advice and tips to help me on my way would be greatly appreciated. I wish I had not listened to the rumours of Finasteride and started at 25 rather than wait 7 years for the damage to start.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride 1 mg is fine, throw the caffeine shampoo into trash can and get Nizoral or another shampoo with ketoconazole.

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
So, fast forward to now. I've had to shave my head, the front is incredibly thin and the top is more or less completely bald.

finasteride 1 mg is OK (you don't need to increase it), but I assume you want a regrowth.
Take minoxidil (if you see regrowth, don't add another stuff), No regrowth (6 months), add RU (if you want) and this Brotzu stuff is in the pipe line.

weez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok,

Nizoral on order, is that a daily shampoo?

I will stick on 1mg. I have asked my GP about higher dosages anyway.

I have been taking minoxidil as a foam topical lotion 1 times daily, the hair seems fuller where it was thinning, but no regrowth if I am honest in teh months I have been using it. Hence why I decided to take the plunge on Finasteride. I know I will have to wait at least 6 months to see any real growth, but that is fine.

What is RU5881? Where can I get it?

Also, Brotzu? Google says a 2016 release, but I can't find much else on it.

The lasercomb, is it worth doing, I see some good results on YouTube and here. Or is the Dermrolla better?

I don't want to overload. I am happy taking the Fina pils and Biotin. Is Minoxidil available as a pil too? Or just the foam. Is 5% enough?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, so I started thinning at about 25. 33 now. Only just decided to do something serious about my hair loss.

I used to use unapproved FDA hair shampoo, but it felt like snake oil to me.

I've felt quite overwhelmed by the amount of products out there and I don't want to waste money on junk or pseudoscience or unapproved, but I have invested in the following;

Morning Regaine 5% minoxidil foam (2 months) and 1mg of generic Finasteride (currently on week 3) but may switch to branded Propecia.

Using Caffeine shampoo almost daily.

Haven't noticed anything yet but my hair is proper short. I don't mind it like this, but I also like styling hair.

I am going to start taking Biotin daily and I was thinking of investing in a LaserComb (are they worth it?) I see they seem to work. Or should I go DermaRoller?

Is 1mg of Finasteride enough? Is there a time when I should increase the dose? I haven't had any side effects on it so far. I haven't noticed any difference in hair growth or shed.

I am trying my best to sift through the information, but there is so much and I want to make sure I am maximising my time and products to get regrowth, I am in it for the long run and I am not sure I want restoration at the moment.

Any advice and tips to help me on my way would be greatly appreciated. I wish I had not listened to the rumours of Finasteride and started at 25 rather than wait 7 years for the damage to start.

I would stick to the big 3 for now. 1mg finasteride, minoxidil 1-2x day, keto shampoo 2-3x week. I'd stick to that for a year and consider switching to dutasteride or adding ru if you're still losing ground after that point

I wouldn't bother with biotin, lasercomb, etc. Biotin is basically just a vitamin(will NOT affect your follicles), and lasercomb has questionable evidence supporting it's effectiveness. Caffeine shampoo? Eh, I don't know what benefit that would be to dying hair follicles. Some members on here do appear to get a benefit from dermarolling, but make sure you're fully educated on it if you decide to go that route.

What's your norwood? Could also consider a transplant depending on how much ground you've lost/are looking to get back

weez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, that sounds good. My GP has clarified that 1mg of FInasteride is more than enough which I will continue taking daily. I only use Regaine foam (minoxidil) once a day at the moment, but I may switch to 2. Is the Nizoral a keto shampoo too? It says its a fungicidal one?

This laserComb is expensive, so I am dubious. The DermRolla seems like a good idea. I may invest in the .3mm one and see how it goes.

I did consider a transplant, but again, the cost (I don't mind being bald as such, but I did enjoy having hair and styling it) I am slow on the loss, my entire head DOES have hair, but it's thin at the top and thinning. If I run my hand over my head I can feel the small hairs all over, including the thinnest point. The thing that put me off hair transplant was people were saying it's not always effective and can require further transplants. I am slowly pulling apart all the myths, I wish I had never listened to the "your penis will stop working" on Finasteride. I haven't felt a thing bar maybe 2 days of ball ache then it went away. Had 0 side effects since.

My norwood would be maybe type 3 - 4. BUT My hair line is in tact for now, it's just the crown is in appearance of being bald with fine hairs and the top is finer than the sides. I will try and get a picture up. A few people did say that it looked fuller, even though so short after minoxidil use for 2 months but I don't know if that just isn't the fact it was short and all one length.

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok,

Nizoral on order, is that a daily shampoo?

I will stick on 1mg. I have asked my GP about higher dosages anyway.

I have been taking minoxidil as a foam topical lotion 1 times daily, the hair seems fuller where it was thinning, but no regrowth if I am honest in teh months I have been using it. Hence why I decided to take the plunge on Finasteride. I know I will have to wait at least 6 months to see any real growth, but that is fine.

What is RU5881? Where can I get it?

Also, Brotzu? Google says a 2016 release, but I can't find much else on it.

The lasercomb, is it worth doing, I see some good results on YouTube and here. Or is the Dermrolla better?

I don't want to overload. I am happy taking the Fina pils and Biotin. Is Minoxidil available as a pil too? Or just the foam. Is 5% enough?

Hello, yo can check these sites for RU

http://anageninc.com/ru58841-powder/ru58841-raw-active-powder.html
http://www.group-buys.eu/
https://www.chemyo.com/

you can put it in minoxidil for example (30mg for 1ml).
There are people claiming it works and the opposite, your choice, I myself didn't tested it.

For Brotzu lotion we should still wait
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...he-market-in-2016.96791/page-257#post-1402346

weez

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, I will research a bit further... so it's a topical lotion to go with minoxidil, which is also topical?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, I will research a bit further... so it's a topical lotion to go with minoxidil, which is also topical?

Don't over wash your hair. That's going to temporary make it thinner.

Of course, it's not permanent. Good that your are using the big two (Min and finasteride).