Starting Propecia...and what else?

acarrick

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I've been noticing hair loss for about two years now, and so I recently started on a 1mg Propecia regimen prescribed through my family physician. Im a 20 year old college student, and I would say Im about a 1-2 on the Norwood scale. The majority of my thinning is in the front, with a receding hairline and uneven temple receding. There is also some thinning on my vertex as well. The majority of my Dad's side is thinning or bald, with NO hairloss on my mothers side. Im trying to catch this early.

I have been on this site for a couple of months and have noticed a HUGE variation in treatments. I am looking for a shampoo and possible topical solution to go along with my propecia. I am currently using an OTC thickening shampoo.

Im looking into: Nizoral, Nioxin and Rogaine (minoxidil). I have read such mixed results about all of them, I guess im just looking for some insight into which product(s) would be a good addition to my regimen?

Thank you!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Nizoral is definitely good to have in your regimen.

You might want to try Rogaine on your temples and hairline. It seems to be working for me.

And I love my Nioxin.

Have you considered copper peptides?

acarrick

Reaction score
So would it be safe to start using all of them?

Say start using Nioxin as a daily shampoo/conditioner with Nizoral mixed in every third day? Also after reading a lot of posts I want to start using some Rogaine as well...

The only thing that gets me questioning products like Nioxin is the wording they use, "This unique cleansing and conditioning system helps to address problems associated with thin-looking hair by improving the scalp environment. The result is thicker, healthier-looking hair". Is this really doing me any good in the long run, like regrowth, or is it purely cosmetic?