Starting Oral Minoxidil (loniten) - Will Provide Updates

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

My regimen: Proscar (quarter pills daily); Dualgen-15 (topical minoxidil every night). Been taking proscar and applying minoxidil for several years but continuing to lose hair on crown and thinning to the front - see picture.

I just received my Loniten pills from inhousepharmacy. I've also bought some diuretics just in case I need to take these as well.

I was going to start on Loniten today but I'm going to check my blood pressure first before I take the first pill so I know what my normal blood pressure should be whilst I'm taking the Loniten.

My blood pressure monitor is coming on Friday and so I will pop the first pill on Saturday. Will keep you updated on progress!

Attachments

• IMG_9612.jpg
    IMG_9612.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 905

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The scalp looks like there is "sunburn" on it?

In other words, there probably is androgen alopecia, but it looks
like the sun is making it worse.

You should try some tanning solution that will heal it, that will at least
give you a piece of mind that nothing else is damaging it, in addition
to androgens.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score

to androgens.

Sun is our friend bro, tanning increase pge2

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
did you have baseline pics ?
despite fina and minoxidil you are losing hair ?
Yes, got loads of baseline pics of both wet and dry hair and yes, unfortunately, still losing hair despite the fina and topical minoxidil - this is why I'm going to experiment with the loniten.

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score

to androgens.
Yes I know that I'm suffering from androgen alopecia, this is why I'm taking meds and on this forum!
I don't think the sun is damaging it as well because I wear concealers during the day which probably provides some protection? Perhaps the redness is from years of applying topical minoxidil?

IHadSexWithAHairPiece

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you’re taking a hypertension medication that can cause a cascade of irreversible sides (such as permanent ear ringing or irregular heartbeat to name a few) because of that small thin area that can be easily covered with a transplant or topikk? Can I laugh now or later?

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 week update:

After just 1 week, I've decided to stop taking this medication. The only side effect I've experienced are my ears ringing, it's not too bad but it's annoying enough to put me off the medication.

I started off taking 5mg in the morning and 5mg in the evening. After a few days, I reduced this to 5mg / day but the ear ringing continued and so it's best to stop.

Going forward I'm going to consider taking spironolactone and / or starting on RU for which I'll start a different thread.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 week update:

After just 1 week, I've decided to stop taking this medication. The only side effect I've experienced are my ears ringing, it's not too bad but it's annoying enough to put me off the medication.

I started off taking 5mg in the morning and 5mg in the evening. After a few days, I reduced this to 5mg / day but the ear ringing continued and so it's best to stop.

Going forward I'm going to consider taking spironolactone and / or starting on RU for which I'll start a different thread.
Bro u shouldve waited abit more side effects go away after a while

jazz1

Reaction score
Bro u shouldve waited abit more side effects go away after a while

SNAP at the start I had all sorts but they subside after a good few weeks......