Starting Minoxidil... Need Some Advice

ThickAndTired

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, I have just joined this forum after reading about for a while.
I am turning 30 soon and am noticing thinning allover my scalp, which was probably taking place during the last year or so. My hairline is not (yet?) receding, but the hair becomes thin and lifeless allover, especially around the crown and temples. I am surprised by how much this is affecting me, and I would hate to see the process continue.

My plan is to use Minoxidil for a while just to test out the function of it alone, before proceeding to topical finasteride (i.e. If I can get my hands on H&Ws topical formula) and possibly NSAAs later on.

Right now I have bought a 3-Months pack of Rogaine foam (marketed as "Regaine" where I live, made by Johnson&Johnson. is that the same as Rogaine?)

I was wondering if it would be smart to start testing it in one specific location on the scalp, let's say only on the hairline, where I can clearly see if it works, and if the response is well then continue to apply it allover the scalp? that way, if the response is poor or negative, I can minimize damage and side effect risk?

Also, how soon do side effects usually kick in, when there are any from Minoxidil?

Advice would be appreciated.
Thanks ahead