Starting Finasteride This Week. Should I Add Minoxl?

Jtay151

Reaction score
So I finally seen a derm and she confirmed my hair was receeding at the temples. Back in July, When I would shave my hair down to a 1, you couldn't tell at all. Now in November, the recession is obvious even at a one.

The derm recommend minoxl but said 1mg finasteride was a good option but there's the chance of sides.

I think I'm gonna just go with finasteride in hopes the recession won't get any worse. Should I use min on the temple areas as well? Or is that overkill?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 195

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Give Finasteride 6 -12 months before adding in minoxidil. You may get the results you want with Finasteride alone.

abcdefg

Reaction score
minoxidil is a pain to use everyday. Just stick with finasteride, and your hair loss looks very minor so you definitely dont need more then that.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride first since you can possibly thicken existing vellus hairs still left on your temporal peaks or at least slow down or halt further loss if you respond to it. Minoxidil can be added as it has a synergistic effect with finasteride for higher chance of better results, but although easy to use, it can be frustrating having to apply it daily where as finasteride you just swallow a pill and move on.

Also go to a barber and get lined up in the front because it looks like you have some excess hair poking out of your hairline. The bottom of your temple accentuates your recession more and can be lined up a little more too. That'll make your recession a little less noticeable.