Starting Finasteride On 26/06/19 Advce And Thoughts Please

Carguy89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok need adivce and your thoughts.
Im 30 and ive been balding since i was 26/27yo.
So in september 2018 i decided i better do something about it and i thought i would get on finasteride but my doctor convinced me to use minoxidl( not sure of spelling) so i got regaine foam and used it for 4 months or so but the shedding left me with barley any hair left so I discontinued use. I never got the hair back that i lost in the shedding phase of begining regaine and more so ive lost even more.
Anyway im still determined to keep my hair and hopefully get some back. So im starting finasteride in two days 26/06/19 and ive been trying to eat healthier and take multi vitamins etc. Any advice on things to add to routine and is finasteride shedding phase bad i cant take another bad one lol.
Just to put things in perspecitive im single and have good looks other wise.
Thanks heaps. 15613739022621561361971977863431.jpg24/06/19 before finasteride
Screenshot_20190624-210251_Gallery.jpg??/10/18 before regaine

Attachments

• 15613739022621561361971977863431.jpg
    15613739022621561361971977863431.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 385

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So in september 2018 i decided i better do something about it and i thought i would get on finasteride but my doctor convinced me to use minoxidl( not sure of spelling) so i got regaine foam and used it for 4 months or so but the shedding left me with barley any hair left so I discontinued use. I never got the hair back that i lost in the shedding phase of begining regaine and more so ive lost even more.
Anyway im still determined to keep my hair and hopefully get some back. So im starting finasteride in two days 26/06/19 and ive been trying to eat healthier and take multi vitamins etc. Any advice on things to add to routine and is finasteride shedding phase bad i cant take another bad one lol.
Thanks heaps.View attachment 12197424/06/19 before finasteride
View attachment 121975??/10/18 before regaine

You shouldn't have quit minoxidil.. The shedding is part of the regrowth so get back on it.

Carguy89

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking that but the shedding was so bad if it kept happening id have no hair left. Do you think finasteride will help me or am i to far gone?

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
Advice? Do not take finasteride. If you have the predisposition to develop Post Finasteride Syndrome your hair or lack thereof will be the least of your worries.

Also, I apologise if this sounds unkind but you are a diffuse thinner in a NW6 pattern and the hair you have got is practically vanquished already. I’m also a diffuse thinner NW6 and unfortunately there isn’t much you can do other than shave it/wear a wig/have a transplant and the amount of grafts needed to cover your Norwood would be substantial and the result would be unsatisfactory (see Wayne Rooney).

Please heed the advice not to take finasteride seriously. I took it for four days and it is the worst decision I have ever made. The consequences are too severe should you suffer an adverse reaction to this substance.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Advice? Do not take finasteride. If you have the predisposition to develop Post Finasteride Syndrome your hair or lack thereof will be the least of your worries.

Also, I apologise if this sounds unkind but you are a diffuse thinner in a NW6 pattern and the hair you have got is practically vanquished already. I’m also a diffuse thinner NW6 and unfortunately there isn’t much you can do other than shave it/wear a wig/have a transplant and the amount of grafts needed to cover your Norwood would be substantial and the result would be unsatisfactory (see Wayne Rooney).

Please heed the advice not to take finasteride seriously. I took it for four days and it is the worst decision I have ever made. The consequences are too severe should you suffer an adverse reaction to this substance.

Did you ever fully recover?

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, although I have improved from the perilous state I was in. I still have life changing side effects and am unable to work.

Wow that really f*****g sucks.. You must be 1 in a million.

Carguy89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Biggest mistake ever to start Minoxidil and stop it right when it's the most important to keep doing it... But i understand you, i did that also exactly when the shedding started first time i used minoxidil... It's a sign it's working and even if i saw that i am a really good responder i still stopped it because of the shed... It's even written on the god damn leaflet which Rogaine has in it's box and even on their site... Shed between week 2 and 6, ride it and the hair will grow after....

Hair cycles are different and take time, almost 3 months as i recall... Some say the greater the shedding the greater hair will get back and indeed i saw some great responses but people did not quit it when i repeat, it's the most important time to stick with it...
Get on it if you want your hair back, because the hair you lost is the hair that would have eventually fallen anyways naturally because of male pattern baldness, only slower than minoxidil made it to fall... This is it's mechanism, it's trying to change hair cycles and keeps the hair more in the growing faze....

Regarding Finasteride, i would never take it, no matter what, maybe i would try topical as a last option but i'm not sure of that also, because a part of it gets systemic anyways, but better than taking the pill from what i read and from the studies that were made comparing them... But this is only me and my opinion, i wish you good luck, regardless of what you want to do...

Thanks for taking the time to write on here. I regret stopping regaine but i felt like i was appling it wrong getting to much on my acutal hair not head and i got paranoid the shedding wouldnt stop as it had been over 3 months.
Im going to start on finasteride today cause i need all tje help i can get. So do you think i should get back on min also?

Carguy89

My Regimen
Reaction score
My opinion is that yes, it will help finasteride also, all the studies showed that this combo works best, if you add dermarolling it will help even more... I just saw today a post here of a guy who used finasteride and min and stopped min for whatever reason i can't remember and he lost a lot of hair, got on it again and he regained all of it... I am tired but i want to find his post again maybe i will give it a search tomorrow and if i will find it i will link it to you here... He has great result, the post is new i recall i just saw it a couple of hours ago...

EDIT : Found it here you go

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/8-months-on-finasteride-5-minoxidil.123358/

Read the first two comments after you read his post and see the attached photos... You must stick with it, i know it's fucked up and those shedding periods could make you lose your sh*t but that's the point, the hair falls and then comes back, the most success stories i saw from min only were after 1 year of daily usage and a lot of shedding... People are weak and stop it right when it's the time to keep it, i speak from experience, first time i took it i stopped it at the first shed even if i knew i was a good responder.... Cycles take kind of 3 months, in 2 years you could shed, regrow, shed, regrow and it's frustrating but with every regrow the hair is coming back more stronger, especially if you take finasteride.... It works for people who are not on finasteride because their hair loss is not that aggressive, imagine with finasteride what it can do because less DHT attacking the follicle. But i'm anti anti-androgens, pills at least, i would try a good topical but i'm still undecided, maybe if i will find a good one i will try it, studies show less DHT serum reduction... Attacking the follicles directly through scalp topical with less serum inhibition sound better than nothing to me...

Thanks so much for all your input, I looked at that link he had some good results indeed. I will add min again shortly and look into these dermarollers. Im still optimistic and hope to at least be able to keep what i have with the finasteride and the other stuff might even grow a little bit back or thicken it up, fingers crossed. Any advice on good shampoo and conditioner, for hair health and thickness?
Thanks again

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks heaps.View attachment 12197424/06/19 before finasteride
View attachment 121975??/10/18 before regaine

So do nothing, go bald...

My advice:
Start finasteride
Start minoxidil.
Take multivitamins and biotin
Stay on those for at least 8 months.

If you are going to react to finasteride, you most likely will know after 2 months or so.
Read other people's input on finasteride.

The best you can hope for is improvement enough and try some concealers to make your hair appear thicker.
You don't want "slick bald"...

Carguy89

My Regimen
Reaction score
So do nothing, go bald...

My advice:
Start finasteride
Start minoxidil.
Take multivitamins and biotin
Stay on those for at least 8 months.

If you are going to react to finasteride, you most likely will know after 2 months or so.
Read other people's input on finasteride.

The best you can hope for is improvement enough and try some concealers to make your hair appear thicker.
You don't want "slick bald"...
So been on finasteride and hair vitamins for over 3 weeks no sides yet and hair feels a little stronger i think.
Feel like i should add min back into my routine just i feel like it doesnt hit head properly mainly just my hair as i had no rea l bald spots per say just thinning all over any advice on applying it would be appreciated and do u think i might get some of that shed backbits been nearly 6months since i stopped?
Regards

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Everyone is different. From what I've read time and time again if there are sheds, they repair. Get on minoxidil.
I use the liquid and just use the dropper and apply all over and gently rub in in and I personally only leave it in for about 10 minutes then wash and apply concealer.

Carguy89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone is different. From what I've read time and time again if there are sheds, they repair. Get on minoxidil.
I use the liquid and just use the dropper and apply all over and gently rub in in and I personally only leave it in for about 10 minutes then wash and apply concealer.
Have you had results doing it this way?

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
My results have been that the thinning slowed down, but I don't use minoxidil anywhere near what I should. If I did it would probably help more.
I'm lazy, plus I use concealer and wash my hair every other day.
The minoxidil twice a day would mean a lot of maintenance.
The finasteride has helped the most.
I've heard of oral minoxidil. That would be something I'd like to try.

Carguy89

My Regimen
Reaction score
My results have been that the thinning slowed down, but I don't use minoxidil anywhere near what I should. If I did it would probably help more.
I'm lazy, plus I use concealer and wash my hair every other day.
The minoxidil twice a day would mean a lot of maintenance.
The finasteride has helped the most.
I've heard of oral minoxidil. That would be something I'd like to try.
Yeah ive noticed a near complete stop in thinning from finasteride. I would also b very interested in oral min as this would b so much less hassle to take, wonder how effective it is compared to topical

Carguy89

My Regimen
Reaction score
1 month update on finasteride
plus using rengepure dr 3days and nt2days only started them today and head and shoulders dry scalp care shampoo and conditoner 1day and american crew thicking shampoo 1day a week
Also im taking lipogaine hair vitamins and using a silk satin pillow case
Not sure if my regimen is working yet but I think my thinning has stopped no hair on pillow or shower and it feels a little bit healtlier and stronger i guess.
Cheers guys

Attachments

• 20190731_232325.jpg
    20190731_232325.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 20190731_232445.jpg
    20190731_232445.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 283

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like a good improvement but hard to tell from the angle, lighting and styling.

I just ordered regenepure dr. It's not the strongest out there but prob the best shampoo for male pattern baldness.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You shouldn't have quit minoxidil.. The shedding is part of the regrowth so get back on it.
He shed from minoxidil sept of last year.

That's nearly a year ago. Those hairs should have come back whether he was on it or not. They weren't hairs he'd grown from the treatment, they were hair he lost.