Starting Finasteride... Help Please

The Gardener

Reaction score
I've decided that spironolactone is just not a viable treatment for me to sustain. I've got a gf that is now becoming somewhat serious, and I do not want to have to sit her down one day and say, hey, if you sleep over, you have to get used to the smell of something I put on my hair each night.

So, I'm wanting to scrap it, and replace it with the real deal, Finasteride.

My question is, what is the best and most cost effective way to get it. I believe that here in the US you need a prescription for it. So, let's say I go get one... great for getting Propecia at full markup, but how do I go about getting my hands on some Proscar? Do I need to convice my Doctor to write a Proscar prescription and have him trust me I am cutting it into Propecia-sized doses (probably impossible given my health insurance is a private HMO so I will most likely be seeing an urgent care physician and not my personal Doctor) or can I take my propecia prescrip and somehow apply it somewhere else where they will understand what I have in mind? Or can I order it from somewhere that does not require a prescription at all??

Please help The Gardener!!.... PM me if your technique is too shadowy to reveal on a public message board. Damn, I'd deal with the Colombian cartels if they could get me Finasteride at reasonable prices!

Diddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Gardener, welcome to the club buddy :lol:
OPTIONS FOR GARDENER:

My doctor was a NW6 himself, and actually recommended i go on proscar and quarter it (I was shocked, yet so happy). So find a sympathetic bald Doctor.

I've heard that some guys have asked the Doctor simply to write the prescription for "finasteride" and not "propecia". Thus a prescription for finasteride allows you to choose how to fill the dose (either 1mg or 5mg)

Othewise i think you're only other option is that florida key west website or whatever. They sell legit proscar, at semi-reasonable rates, and i beleive are totally legit (from what i've heard) I dunno the addy, but doing a search for it should turn something up.

Good luck man,

Das

Reaction score
Lots of reputable web sites with generic propecia at low prices. Surf the web a little and you can find some good deals. I got 2 months for $53 and they give you the perscription online. It takes about 2 min.

bonsai

Reaction score
Does anyone know if those above mentioned pharmacies are reputable or can be trusted?

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I order fincar from inhousepharmacy.com and have yet to have any issues. My finasteride costs me about 8 bucks per month

G

I ordered it from one of those sites that say "you need no prescription"

it was total bullshit, since when the drug arrived at my country, the drug administration asked me to present the prescription :evil:

I think i will need to convince a doctor to write a prescription on it.

how do you guys do to convince your doctor?

carter

Established Member
Reaction score
I live in the UK and was paying £468 per annum (£36 for 28 tablets) for my Propecia prescription in the high street.

I tried Finpecia from Inhouse Pharmacy which looked in order but as I can get Proscar for about the same price, I thought why go generic.

I ordered Proscar from QHI in November - who fired out a disclaimer for me to sign effectively saying I take the risk for the prescription and warning me of the product suitability. The order took five weeks to arrive but cost me £40 for 28 tablets which is 140 days supply. The packaging all looks in order with batch numbers and proper packaging just European marking.

So now instead of paying £468, I'm currently paying £104 per annum!

You simply get ripped off by Merck for the convenience of packaging for a whole pill a day rather than splitting them. I think I'll cope with the hassle :)