Starting Dutasteride *7th April* Diffuse Thinning, Oily Scalp

hmm420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started taking avodart on april 7th.
Diffuse thinning, hair getting really greasy fast, decided to jump on dutas instead of finasteride straight away since dutas would decrease scalp dht(scalp oil?).
Things I noticed to far:
After washing hair, absorbing most of water with towel and letting it dry naturally, then using comb, hair becomes really static. Before taking dutas(can't really recall if it happened exactly after starting tho), hair was not getting static at all, but kept getting greasy after like 10 hours, now it's still getting greasy, but it's static after washing.
No sexual side effect.
Also there's dandruff(always been), and I doubt using nazoral would be fitting since it would dry hair out even more...
Hopefully it's too soon and hair will stop getting really oily during the day. Also maybe I can use moisturizer so it's not super dry straight away after washing?
Or should I go with finasteride instead before it's too late to switch?

Attachments

• IMG_20190323_101803__01__01.jpg
    IMG_20190323_101803__01__01.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_20190418_190636__01.jpg
    IMG_20190418_190636__01.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 353

ihatebackstabbers

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion, you should try and tackle the dandruff by using Nizoral. It may also help with the excess sebum. Using a conditioner after using Nizoral helps me with the drying effect that it has on my hair.

Hopefully someone with experience with duta can help answer your other questions.