Started Taking Dutasteride Today, Here's My Log (with Pics)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
holy sh*t bro ! crazy result !
still on minoxidil on crown ? no sides with dutasteride ?

joshcrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks mate :)

Yeah still using minoxidil on the crown. I think the issue is the "before" photo not being a real accurate representation of the crown (due to the length, product, and angle).

My fiance says the crown has always looked like that.

No sides to speak of from the dutasteride, the finasteride killed my libido though (and don't think it really helped my hair that much). Interestingly the dutasteride dose (500mcg 2-3 times PW) is more potent than the equivalent mg for mg dose of finasteride. From what I read people seem to respond to one or the other, and some who get libido sides from one don't get them on the other.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks mate :)

No sides to speak of from the dutasteride, the finasteride killed my libido though (and don't think it really helped my hair that much). Interestingly the dutasteride dose (500mcg 2-3 times PW) is more potent than the equivalent mg for mg dose of finasteride. From what I read people seem to respond to one or the other, and some who get libido sides from one don't get them on the other.

Do you have any examples of guys claiming sides on finasteride but none on dutasteride?

joshcrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any examples of guys claiming sides on finasteride but none on dutasteride?

Well me for starters, I've come across plenty of examples reading this forum/reddit etc. but I don't really have the time to go and find them now.

This happens with a lot of pharmaceuticals, not just hair loss treatments. They will get sides on one medication then their Doctor will switch them to a different drug in the same family; sometimes they get the same sides but sometimes they won't.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is strange given the fact that duta inhibit more DHT .
but you're result are awesome man !
you shampoo your hair everyday ?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes but for the gyno side it is cause by lack of DHT and excess oestradiol .
and duta decrease DHt by 90 % and raise free test by 23 % ( average ) which get cpnverted in oestradiol.

If i could have less sides on duta that would be great

yess

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How to even know if i am a good responder to fina or duta? I dont get how fina can make someones hair worse

joshcrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes but for the gyno side it is cause by lack of DHT and excess oestradiol .
and duta decrease DHt by 90 % and raise free test by 23 % ( average ) which get cpnverted in oestradiol.

If i could have less sides on duta that would be great

I think I sent an excerpt of this clinical review of dutasteride studies, they compared side effects from various randomised placebo controlled trials

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1550785/

those side effects were seen in 1% of patients

joshcrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
How to even know if i am a good responder to fina or duta? I dont get how fina can make someones hair worse

Hard to say bro... the only way is to try them. Go on pubmed, read some research and decide which you would want to try first.

Anecdotally by reading this board it seems finasteride does the job for most guys.

Try finasteride first, be patient, maybe 1 year. There will be an initial shed in the first three months (with both drugs). If you experience any side effects within that period that concern you then stop taking it (as with any medication). Switch to the other, maybe you will respond maybe not.

Good luck :)

joshcrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, had my first SMP session today.

The crown isn't complete yet. Here's a pic of how it looks at the hairline. I'm really impressed with the results, better than I expected. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171027-162234.jpg
    Screenshot_20171027-162234.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 2,004

Hairlineforever

My Regimen
Reaction score
So guys

Here's an update... not sure if the conditions are the same (better camera, lighting, etc.) Plus I think in the before pics I was using a different product. Apologies one of the pics is a little blurry.

I have a different product in there but I think the dutasteride has definitely worked. I didn't get a crown pic that day so it took one now, it looks worse but I think my original attempt at the crown pic was a fail and I took it closer to the top of my head. Plus the hair is longer now so it's kinda falling around the natural crown but in the original pic I kinda had the choppy look happening.

I'm going to get SMP done to add some density to the hairline and crown anyway. I'm kinda excited, the guy doing it is an ex graphic designer and artist which stood out from the others so I'm really confident he'll be able to achieve a pretty natural look. I'm going to start an "SMP density" thread which I'm going to ask a few questions and some before and afters. I'll link it here later.

Would love to hear some honest feedback :)
from the pictures alone there is an definit improvement in thicknes an density at rhw hair line
but cant now for sure this is just from the pics alone
you should know better its you hair

joshcrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
from the pictures alone there is an definit improvement in thicknes an density at rhw hair line
but cant now for sure this is just from the pics alone
you should know better its you hair

Thank you and yes you're right.

The pics help though because you see yourself every day.

I also look at other pics from my Europe trip in 2016 6 months before I started taking dutasteride, and off my minoxidil for 6 weeks. And there's an even bigger difference

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, had my first SMP session today.

The crown isn't complete yet. Here's a pic of how it looks at the hairline. I'm really impressed with the results, better than I expected. :)

this is how smp should be used....very conservatively. especially those going for a buzz cut look

got any close ups man?

joshcrd

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is how smp should be used....very conservatively. especially those going for a buzz cut look

got any close ups man?

Thanks, shop around. My tech was a graphic designer for 20 years. He has an artistic eye so knows how to achieve a natural look. I think less it's more especially at the hairline. He was also the only one who didn't pressure me. Ironically during my 5 hr session I got calls and texts from the 3 other clinics I was considering.

This is the worst side and it's fresh after the procedure there's still some redness and pigment. Very subtle close up on the surface but face to face talking it just makes the hair look thicker.

Attachments

• 20171027_152500.jpg
    20171027_152500.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 2,153
  • 20171027_152454.jpg
    20171027_152454.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 2,088

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, shop around. My tech was a graphic designer for 20 years. He has an artistic eye so knows how to achieve a natural look. I think less it's more especially at the hairline. He was also the only one who didn't pressure me. Ironically during my 5 hr session I got calls and texts from the 3 other clinics I was considering.

This is the worst side and it's fresh after the procedure there's still some redness and pigment. Very subtle close up on the surface but face to face talking it just makes the hair look thicker.

please update us with your final outcome cheers