Started Shedding After A Year Of Successful Treatment

infiniteden

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm 19 years old and have been taking Finasteride 1 mg daily and Rogaine 5% twice a day for close to a year now. I also use Phyto densifying treatment shampoo for men that gives my hair volume and makes it look more dense. Several months after I started the treatment, I started seeing results and the front of my hairline really filled out and also the crown area. Since then it has only grown more and more until the last month or so when it started shedding again. My front hairline is on its way to going back to the way it used to be and every shower and combing hair comes out and every morning when I wake up there are 5-10 hairs on my pillow.

I'm going through a stressful time so it could be that (the hair loss isn't helping the stress), and also I took a blood test that showed that my Vitamin B12 levels were somewhat (but still normally) low. I started taking vitamins and I hope it'll help.

My question is this - are setbacks like these normal? Does it make sense that my hair started shedding again because of stress and that once the stress is gone it'll grow again? Or can my body suddenly stop reacting to the treatment?

Thank you for your answers!