Started rapidly diffuse thinning at 20. How bad is it?

hanime33

My Regimen
Reaction score
31BEBB74-F291-42C2-A731-AD394E0B2EC3.jpeg

Started in the beginning of 2020 near April or May (this was when it was noticed really.) The past 2 months I was undergoing an extremely unhealthy crash diet of 770 calories (coupled with the fact i stay in my room all day with 0 exercise.) I was under the assumption that I was undergoing telegen effluvium so I just took some multivitamins and black seed oil and waited for it to recover. Fast forward to present day and my hair has not recovered at all minus the insane shedding that occurred until September 2020. I’m no longer experiencing much shedding at all that is noticeable however my hair seems to not have recovered yet. Should I start hopping on finasteride now?

Ourkes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You still have plenty of hair and I suspect treatments will work well for you. See a dermatologist for a professional diagnosis and plan to restore your hair. Good luck.

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 155551

Started in the beginning of 2020 near April or May (this was when it was noticed really.) The past 2 months I was undergoing an extremely unhealthy crash diet of 770 calories (coupled with the fact i stay in my room all day with 0 exercise.) I was under the assumption that I was undergoing telegen effluvium so I just took some multivitamins and black seed oil and waited for it to recover. Fast forward to present day and my hair has not recovered at all minus the insane shedding that occurred until September 2020. I’m no longer experiencing much shedding at all that is noticeable however my hair seems to not have recovered yet. Should I start hopping on finasteride now?
bro you really need to shave it to get better idea i had long hair and it looked so much better than reality yours looks fine tho i will say that id hold off on finasteride until you speak to experts because side effects etc

hanime33

My Regimen
Reaction score
bro you really need to shave it to get better idea i had long hair and it looked so much better than reality yours looks fine tho i will say that id hold off on finasteride until you speak to experts because side effects etc
I did shave it and you are right that it looked fine short, it starts to get really noticeable once it gets long. Here’s a better pic to describe the problem.

My dermatologist was pro-finasteride and was glad to prescribe it to me but the potential side effects are the only thing pushing me back

Attachments

• 475232FE-8065-45C2-9A2A-75EDEC84A837.png
    475232FE-8065-45C2-9A2A-75EDEC84A837.png
    344 KB · Views: 235

Theonestoppingfin

My Regimen
Reaction score
What the heck ir hair looks like mine. Only mine was fine before finasteride and now after finasteride looks worse than yours

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the heck ir hair looks like mine. Only mine was fine before finasteride and now after finasteride looks worse than yours
Weird. As seen in my thread my hair got so much better. You could think I got a transplant or something.

Theonestoppingfin

My Regimen
Reaction score
How can finasteride possibly make it worse? Havent seen many cases of that
No clue but it seems to be insanely rare. I was a nw1 that started finasteride as a precautionary measure and it ruined my hair. I tried to figure out why on reddit but got banned from tressless for saying anything negative about finasteride

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No clue but it seems to be insanely rare. I was a nw1 that started finasteride as a precautionary measure and it ruined my hair. I tried to figure out why on reddit but got banned from tressless for saying anything negative about finasteride
You were banned from tressless? That says it all.

Theonestoppingfin

My Regimen
Reaction score
You were banned from tressless? That says it all.
Yea that place is toxic af. I knew for a while but didn’t have anywhere else to post. But luckily some a**h** kept spamming me on that sub saying i had “hideous hairloss” or i was a “pussy hole asian who wanted noodles” and when i complained i got banned. So now I know that sub is cancer

Funeemonky66

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive heard that diffuse thinning and temple thinning is caused mainly by testosterone and not dht.

Since 5AR inhibitors spike your scalp testosterone by stopping its conversion to dht, that might explain your increased hairloss after using it.

I cant find any sources on this so believe it if you want but ive seen it talked about up in a couple places