Started Gaining Weight On finasteride, Cant Notice In Overall Body Fat, But Chest Got Puffier

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else experienced similar thing?

It's weird, because my mother doctor, quite early said that my chest grew bigger and my body composition changes. I was reluctant to believe it or think about it, but indeed scales show that ive gained 2 kilos, and its probably first time in 7 years ive had such weight gain, even thought my diet and activity levels have been the same.

@g.i joey @cesc

Last edited:

Notquitesure

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, I don't think anyone would be able to notice a 2-3% increase in body weight. Your weight would fluctuate more than that throughout the day. Secondly, how long did this weight gain take? If its a week, then Finasteride is likely to be the cause, if the weight gain happened over a year then its is probably just related to your age.

Also note that Finasteride is a DHT blocker and DHT is an anti-estrogen.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all, I don't think anyone would be able to notice a 2-3% increase in body weight. Your weight would fluctuate more than that throughout the day. Secondly, how long did this weight gain take? If its a week, then Finasteride is likely to be the cause, if the weight gain happened over a year then its is probably just related to your age.

Also note that Finasteride is a DHT blocker and DHT is an anti-estrogen.
yeh, it happened over 2 months that ive been taking finasteride. my hormones havent changed yet according to blood tests, but i havent seen my DHT levels, so according to research, for some individuals due to genetic predisposition even little decrease in DHT can cause estrogens activity increase.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeh, it happened over 2 months that ive been taking finasteride. my hormones havent changed yet according to blood tests, but i havent seen my DHT levels, so according to research, for some individuals due to genetic predisposition even little decrease in DHT can cause estrogens activity increase.

Yes. Same here. Exactly the same. Lowered the dose and frequency to see what it does.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Post baseline before and afters of your hormones. If you didn't get a baseline log it's over.

Im going to spend $500 on a massive bloodwork before I jump on dutasteride sometime this summer. Imagine that I lose my only redeeming quality (naturally low BF). Life is a scam.

LastHope123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Post baseline before and afters of your hormones. If you didn't get a baseline log it's over.

Im going to spend $500 on a massive bloodwork before I jump on dutasteride sometime this summer. Imagine that I lose my only redeeming quality (naturally low BF). Life is a scam.

Holy sh*t, so expensive? Sounds like they are going drain all the blood from your body.

Unfortunately, you get the cards you are dealt at birth. But I think everybody is fucked in some way or another.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I’ve gained 30 pounds while on finasteride and also lost that same 30 on finasteride.