Started finasteride three days ago and already limp......wtf? Help*

Iowaya

Reaction score
stillpullnpussy said:
Ok guys,

Just when i thought it couldn't get any worse. I found myself wearing a baseball hat at "my girls" house (we've been dating for four months and she is gorgeous....gorgeous) because of my rapidly and i mean rapidly thinning hair. So we're on her bed watching TV while we can hear her roomate having sex (loud banging sex think mild version of fight club) and she kind of looks over at me and so we get into it and guess what? I couldn't maintain and i had no sensitivity. I kind of played it off and was like "what is going on? thats lame etc etc." But i knew why in my head and seriously went into a daze she had to bring me out of it. Of course i was thinking OMG why? why would u do this? take away my hair as i meet this beautiful girl that i really like then I go limp because I try and do something about it. So FCKED. Time before we saw each other the sex was amazing. I had no sensitivity for the first time in my life last night. So were now laying there on her bed after wards and just touching each other after and she feels the hair at the back of my head and im thinking oh great (thinning no volume and believe it or not when i meet her and the first time we had sex about 5 months ago it was thick and full...makes baby jesus cry) I never knew this hair thing could be so bad. I am in a dilemna about the libido thing...something tells me that if i don't stay on a dht blocker i will be bald in a few years no ?s asked. I guess my question is this:

To those people who have experienced this within early use...Does it go away ? or should i just drop it now as those who are affected initially are always affected? Could it be hormones are all over the place and haven't settled? Could it be psychosomatic? But if it was only in my head i think the fact that she is so good looking on top of me naked i would get over it....Plus the fact that nothing felt good is scary.

Signing off depressed

I know what you mean, I took finasteride for four and a half months before quiting. I had low libido, no morning wood, no random boners, no sensitivity, etc, plus I had mild gyno. My advice is to try it for a few months at .5mg, if you still get sides after that time period you're just going to need to decide, dick or hair.

One final thought. Try it for awhile yea, but then go off it after a few months, that's the only REAL way to know if you had sides. If you get used to them over time you'll trick yourself into thinking you have no sides when in fact you have had them all along. It's happened on here, every once in awhile a thread will pop up, "I thought I had no sides, then I quit for awhile and WOW".

Bottom line, try it for a few months at .5mg, then go off it for a few days, judge the results. Hope I helped with something. Oh, horny goat weed, a herbal supplement, might help your libido, it's not super strong, just a helper. It's not like v**** or anything, it just makes you horny, hence the name, many people use it here.

PS. Yea, don't feel down, you're better off than me and Taug, we don't have girlfriends, or at least I don't think Taug has one.

Shazz

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 2 weeks now. First 10 days @ 1mg/daily, since then I've decreased the dosage to 0.5mg to allow my body to adapt and ease myself into it.

Regardless of what impact (or lack thereof) the decrease in dosage has, I just feel more comfortable taking it slow in the beginning.

I had softer erections and some decrease in libido during the first week or so, but since then the sides have subsided and I think I'm pretty much back to normal. It may have been psychosomatic, after all. I'm pretty sure even a little paranoia can go a long way when it comes to erectile functions.

Too early to detect any effects on hair, but I have noticed that my scalp doesn't itch anymore. No shedding yet either, but I'd probably hardly notice even if I did, since I usually buzz my hair down to a #2.

My goal is to post in the "success stories" in 6-12 months time, with occasional updates along the way.

Reaction score
Good to see shazz things are looking up for me as well.

Ok guys here is my update.

I was able to perform in round two but it wasn't a KO if you know what i mean. However, tonight went really well in regards to the whole issue. I don't want to jinx anything but i have had morning wood most days(this is now day 10) and random boners occasionally here and there(more so in the last few days than in the beginning). At the beginning i was doing horrible but now i seem to be running at 85%+. I'm not writing 100% as i havn't had enough time/sessions to compare the new me to the old me and i will do so as i get more action. Like shazz wrote i think a lot of it could've been in the head as well as some initial sides.

Does anyone here cut their fincar round tablets into smaller dosages than 1.25 and if so how?

I want to incorporate Retin A into my regimen... anyone have any links or know the most efficent/effective way to do so? TIA

Shazz

Reaction score
Just to update:

Still on 0.5mg (finasteride) daily, approaching the 1 month mark.

No sides whatsoever at this point. Sexual functions are back to 100% after some minor sides in the first week or two. (Let's hope it stays this way)

Noticed I'm shedding a bit more than usual in the last few days, but that's to be expected. I keep my hair short so I don't really notice it that much, and I guess it shows me the finasteride is working.

Reaction score
My sad update

Shazz good to know your okay. I however am not. These last two days I've been with my new girlfriend who I am crazy about I havn't been able to have sex. . .i mean i want to. . .the desire is there its just I couldnt maintain an erection and it's happened twice now. We went out to teh club last night had an amazing time. Came home drunk and i couldnt have sex with her. I tried and tried.

It ended up being a depressing night because at the beg of the night I did my hair for the club (long fauxhawk style...took five times longer than normal to hide my rec temples blah blah) and i can see my scalp a bit in the front and crown and was pissed about that then to not be able to have sex my with my chick who i am just starting to fall in love with almost made me cry at 3am in the dark at her place. I was so f*****g upset. She thought it was because i was too drunk but i always perform drunk and i knew that wasnt it. So then I try again in the morning and no go again. Im not sure what to do. I need some help/advice on whether or not my body can still be adjusting its been about 2.5weeks and ive been shedding pretty bad.

Either way all i can think about now is if the sides cont ill have to stop and away goes my hair and alot of other things as well. . . .maybe my gf? confidence? soul

this week i lowered the dose to approx .6/.7mg(fincar cut up) and i took it today even considering last night in hopes my body will overcome this

Shazz

Reaction score
stillpullnpussy said:
My sad update

Shazz good to know your okay. I however am not. These last two days I've been with my new girlfriend who I am crazy about I havn't been able to have sex. . .i mean i want to. . .the desire is there its just I couldnt maintain an erection and it's happened twice now. We went out to teh club last night had an amazing time. Came home drunk and i couldnt have sex with her. I tried and tried.

It ended up being a depressing night because at the beg of the night I did my hair for the club (long fauxhawk style...took five times longer than normal to hide my rec temples blah blah) and i can see my scalp a bit in the front and crown and was pissed about that then to not be able to have sex my with my chick who i am just starting to fall in love with almost made me cry at 3am in the dark at her place. I was so f****ing upset. She thought it was because i was too drunk but i always perform drunk and i knew that wasnt it. So then I try again in the morning and no go again. Im not sure what to do. I need some help/advice on whether or not my body can still be adjusting its been about 2.5weeks and ive been shedding pretty bad.

Either way all i can think about now is if the sides cont ill have to stop and away goes my hair and alot of other things as well. . . .maybe my gf? confidence? soul

this week i lowered the dose to approx .6/.7mg(fincar cut up) and i took it today even considering last night in hopes my body will overcome this

Sorry to hear that, man. Have you been consistently not-performing since you started finasteride? You say it's happened twice now....perhaps you've had some successes in between the two incidents?

Falling for a new girl + worrying about finasteride side effects + worrying about your hair + alcohol = putting a lot of pressure on yourself psychologically and physically to perform.

Either way, makes sense for you to lower the dose to .6/.7mg before giving up completely. Here's what I suggest (keeping in mind I'm not a doctor and just a 22-y-o giving my 2 cents):

1. Don't masturbate for a few days, just let the pressure build up (for a lack of a better word); if you still can't get it up after three or four days of restraint, then you probably have some cause for concern

2. stay off the alcohol next time you wanna give it a go (rules THAT factor out at least, and helps bloodflow); maybe you didn't get whiskey dick before, but it happens to most people after drinking too much, including me.

3. Next time you're with your girl, just go with the flow, focus on the sensations, and most importantly, try to completely forget the fact you're on finasteride in the first place; I know that's hard to do, but try your best and be zen-like. Visualize what you want to happen, focus on that, and don't focus on what you DON'T want to happen. KnowhatImsayin?

4. (optional) Consider looking into L-Arginine or Horny Goat weed supplements. Might help counter-act the finasteride side effects. But if the problem persists, I'd definitely see a doctor, maybe get a bloodtest with hormonal profile. Lately I've been getting back into my gym routine and taking daily protein shakes (one scoop gives me like 300-500mg L-Arginine, according to the ingredients). I think it helps. Even if it doesn't, it's like a positive placebo effect that helps overshadow any worries of finasteride side effects.

Reaction score
Shazz,

Thanks for the advice.

To answer a few of your questions/advice.

I have had some great sex after taking the finasteride. It hasn't been all bad. Just this last time it was bad. I havn't jerked it at all recently and even if i wanted to I wouldn't for the same reason, however, I havn't had the desire. . . so maybe that shows the loss of libido. My morning wood has been down and i think I've only had one random boner in the past few days.

I'm going to see her tonight and I won't drink and maybe have just a beer/two or a glass of wine to help calm myself. I know the mind is a powerful thing and it's hard to not think about it! I don't know whether or not I should tell her whats goin on with the finasteride and everything else and how i feel about the hair loss etc etc. I think it could go either way in helping/hurting. If i do fail again I will try some horny goat weed/cockstar pills or something along those lines but man I don't want to have to do that. And i will try hard to focus on the prize and the sensations.

I wonder if anyone else has had these sides subside after sometime. . . Any input would be much appreciated.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
I always feel the worst part of finasteride sides is the loss of sensitivity/desire. There are ways to get around performance issues but its not so easy (if at all possible) to compensate for the others that make sex worthwhile in the first place.
hh

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Iowaya said:
I know what you mean, I took finasteride for four and a half months before quiting. I had low libido, no morning wood, no random boners, no sensitivity, etc, plus I had mild gyno. My advice is to try it for a few months at .5mg, if you still get sides after that time period you're just going to need to decide, dick or hair.

One final thought. Try it for awhile yea, but then go off it after a few months, that's the only REAL way to know if you had sides. If you get used to them over time you'll trick yourself into thinking you have no sides when in fact you have had them all along. It's happened on here, every once in awhile a thread will pop up, "I thought I had no sides, then I quit for awhile and WOW".

Bottom line, try it for a few months at .5mg, then go off it for a few days, judge the results. Hope I helped with something. Oh, horny goat weed, a herbal supplement, might help your libido, it's not super strong, just a helper. It's not like v**** or anything, it just makes you horny, hence the name, many people use it here.

PS. Yea, don't feel down, you're better off than me and Taug, we don't have girlfriends, or at least I don't think Taug has one.

You got exactly the same sides as I do; gyno, no penile sensitivity, no morning boners and no random boners. Orgasm doesn't feel like anything, really + I almost have to force it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
stillpullnpussy said:
My sad update

It ended up being a depressing night because at the beg of the night I did my hair for the club (long fauxhawk style...took five times longer than normal to hide my rec temples blah blah) and i can see my scalp a bit in the front and crown and was pissed about that then to not be able to have sex my with my chick who i am just starting to fall in love with almost made me cry at 3am in the dark at her place. I was so f****ing upset. She thought it was because i was too drunk but i always perform drunk and i knew that wasnt it. So then I try again in the morning and no go again. Im not sure what to do. I need some help/advice on whether or not my body can still be adjusting its been about 2.5weeks and ive been shedding pretty bad.

If finasteride does that much harm to you, drop it and stop crying.

Reaction score
I take it by your reply you have no sex life and are not balding. I however am still seeing if my body can adapt to these issues as I just started taking it. Thanks for the informative post. :jackit:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
stillpullnpussy said:
I take it by your reply you have no sex life and are not balding. I however am still seeing if my body can adapt to these issues as I just started taking it. Thanks for the informative post. :jackit:

you said it yourself that you had great sex AFTER taking finasteride, which indicates that your senario was most likely a psycological thing.

One's mind is a powerful tool, if you think you can't perform cuz of finasteride, your body tends to work that well as well.

Try relax a bit and do not stress about the outcome.

G

there's no friggin way that you feel a sexual effect/defect after one dose of finasteride.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Well maybe not after one dose, but after my 2nd dose of 1.25 mg my libido was almost gone. And don't try to tell me it's all in my mind. I definitely had expected the chances of sides to be low. But I haven't had random erections since, except on days when I have only had a few hours of sleep at night.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norsk said:
Well maybe not after one dose, but after my 2nd dose of 1.25 mg my libido was almost gone. And don't try to tell me it's all in my mind. I definitely had expected the chances of sides to be low. But I haven't had random erections since, except on days when I have only had a few hours of sleep at night.

Now all we need is bubka and his hilarious "propecia is for males only, it says right there on the label"... thing.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Norsk said:

two dose of finasteride wont make any difference neither bro, it would be considered a valid response if its after 1 month use of finasteride.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
Norsk said:

two dose of finasteride wont make any difference neither bro, it would be considered a valid response if its after 1 month use of finasteride.

What do you mean by "won't make any difference"? So you're saying it's impossible, mr. professor? I don't remember if it was 2 days but it definitely was way under a week after I started noticing softer erection, liquidy semen and achy nipples on finasteride. Maybe we're all just liars...

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't really know whether the sides started on day 1 or day 2. I took my first dose in the afternoon on day 1 and didn't think about whether I had any sides. But after taking another dose in the morning on day 2 it was very easily noticeable that i got no random boners during my whole work day. There's no way it was psychological because I wasn't expecting sides, and I had already been depressed about hair loss for many weeks without any effect on libido. I'm not impotent or anything, but have almost no desire. Thank God I don't have any nipple ache.

evildude

Established Member
Reaction score
same thing here. libido dropped quickly, to the point when morning erections were gone. just days after starting finasteride. maybe psychosomatic, maybe not. either way, it doesn't really matter as the effects were there and only appeared after i began finasteride.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
evildude said:
same thing here. libido dropped quickly, to the point when morning erections were gone. just days after starting finasteride. maybe psychosomatic, maybe not. either way, it doesn't really matter as the effects were there and only appeared after i began finasteride.

I haven't had morning boners ever since starting finasteride, nor do I have random boners. It's good though, I didn't like random boners anyways. But it surely is a side-effect nevertheless. Also orgasms don't feel like anything.