Started Finasteride: If I'll get sides what is the window they'll occur in?

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
not that scary, ive felt worse. feel like i am also prone to ED so sometimes gard to differentiate however this time it was not. i do not believe in tbe build up at all, half life of finasterise is very short at 6 hours so even if you take it 3 years after a few days nothing is left and then within 3-4 days dht should be back to normal so its not unnormal to feel better after a week

i think mine got worse the longer i powered throigh them. sides takibg longer to subside can have many causes i guess. my hormones were pretty garbage on finasteride tok i talked abou tthis a month ago already
Yes I remember you said that. I'm at 11 days no sides but they can come anytime so who knows right.......

If it doesn't necessarily build up in our system why do some people only develop sides months later? I would think sides would be immediate or not at all.

Thank you BNB

Last edited:

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I remember you said that. I'm at 11 days no sides but they can come anytime so who knows right.......

If it doesn't necessarily build up in our system why do some people only develop sides months later? I would think sides would be immediate or not at all.

Thank you BNB
i honestly do not know the answer to this. probably some regulatory mechamisms that has jot been identified. however most do in fact gef them within the first month. really a bummer thaz i cannot tolerate even a tiny 0.1mg a day dose

hair2stay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i honestly do not know the answer to this. probably some regulatory mechamisms that has jot been identified. however most do in fact gef them within the first month. really a bummer thaz i cannot tolerate even a tiny 0.1mg a day dose
I often wake up erect in the morning.pain in the neck when I have to pee...day 11 nope....of course I probably often wake up not erect BUT because I'm in the fear phase, this lack may stress me subconsciously adding to more ED....adding to more fear...yeah NOCEBO!!

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride was very nice for me during 6 months, my hair was perfect but after i lost again my hair, i started dutasteride in associaton with oral minoxidil, and i continue fina too, m yresults are so perfect, i am very happy

i think minoxidil is essential for everybody

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
testicle pain is in fact not a problem according to Drs i have talked to. it is also a very rare aide effect, much rarer than ED or loss of libido.
While it may not in itself be a problem, like @NickyA said, testicular pain or 'ball ache' is one of the more common finasteride side effects, its certainly not much rarer than ED.

Last edited: