Started dutasteride today

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
4 month update:
Dutas are still regrowing hair, the red spots and small bumps that appeared on my scalp during my loading dose are still there but as long as regrowth continues I don't mind to much.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Patrick just noticed your log, nice to see someone else on dutasteride and keeping track of their progress.

I've been on 0.5mg every day for the past 25 days. I was on finasteride for about 19 months before that. Hopefully the dutasteride will maintain my re-growth, I lost some ground density wise after the year mark and one side of my hairline has been slowly receding. It seems my body really wants to get rid of it!

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
SuprisedGuy, I think you will be pleasantly surprised in another month or so I just wish they had this drug when I started losing my hair but even so the regrowth I'm experiencing is great. Keep us posted! :punk:

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't taken a dose of dutasteride in a week because I ran out and have yet to receive the new batch in the mail.

Will missing a week or two affect my hair much? I have been shedding more than usual the last few days and I'm worried new hairs won't grow to replace them since I haven't been taking dutasteride.

Your thoughts Patrick?

Patrick54

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand that dutasteride stays in the system for quite a while but the steady state of the drug will drop a little, if it was me I'd just take a couple extra every day when they arrived to make up for what I missed. :)