Start To Finish 4326 Grafts From Dr. Demirsoy In Istanbul, Turkey

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I'm doing biotin 5,000 mg daily and rogaine at least once, but usually twice a day. How're your recovery going?
Ah, okay... I'm skipping the biotin supplement and instead trying to eat
''the right foods''. Personally I'm on 0,5mg finasteride ED + 1,5ml minoxidil once a day.

My recovery is going good, thanks. I'm still experiencing minor itch,
specially during the night...but it's far less than just few weeks ago.
I'm starting to see a lot of tiny new hairs on my temples and hairline,
so it's looking quite good. Tbh I didn't expect the growing to start that
soon.

One thing that's ''bothering'' me is the hair on top is getting long
so that it's not practical to apply minoxidil. I've had a buzzcut for the last
7 years, so it's new to me :) Given that I'm not supposed to cut my
hair with a machine for atleast 3 months (prolly longer), I'll just
have to manage :)

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I only had to email them twice? Give it a couple days and try again is my suggestion. I think there was about a 1-2 month waitlist for appointments? I scheduled mine around cheap plane tickets and my work schedule though, so I'm not sure if how hard it would be to book sooner.
Great, they got back to me. And they said that they won't do my transplant.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello!

Great informative write-up, very helpful!

I’m researching and considering Dr Demirsoy, can you answer some questions for me if you don’t mind?

Was the procedure done all in 1 day?....All 4,326 grafts?

Did the Doctor use manual extraction or motorized?

Thanks

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello!

I’m researching and considering Dr Demirsoy, can you answer some questions for me if you don’t mind?

Thanks
Yes, it was all done in one day . I believe the extraction was manual, but I can ask

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, okay... I'm skipping the biotin supplement and instead trying to eat
''the right foods''. Personally I'm on 0,5mg finasteride ED + 1,5ml minoxidil once a day.

My recovery is going good, thanks. I'm still experiencing minor itch,
specially during the night...but it's far less than just few weeks ago.
I'm starting to see a lot of tiny new hairs on my temples and hairline,
so it's looking quite good. Tbh I didn't expect the growing to start that
soon.

One thing that's ''bothering'' me is the hair on top is getting long
so that it's not practical to apply minoxidil. I've had a buzzcut for the last
7 years, so it's new to me :) Given that I'm not supposed to cut my
hair with a machine for atleast 3 months (prolly longer), I'll just
have to manage :)

Wait, why aren't you supposed to cut your hair with a machine for 3 months? I don't remember being told that. I got a haircut a couple weeks ago and they used a pair of clippers on the sides.

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello!

Thanks
Just confirmed, the extraction was motorized. Is that good or bad?

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just confirmed, the extraction was motorized. Is that good or bad?

Supposedly FUE done with a Manuel extraction is better for grafts and donor area as in less trauma and scarring, but if a good surgeon is using motorized and doing the extractions himself carefully skillfully then motorized should be just as good as opposed to the many cheap hair transplant mills in Turkey that uses unskilled techs to do extractions.

Thanks for finding out which Dr Demirsoy utilized on you.

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's looking good, keep us updated man, how is the donor area btw do you notice any thinning or it's not noticeable?

Initially I wanted to go with Asmed but some of the results lately are just not encouraging, I am leaning towards Dr Demirsoy now

This sucks honestly not knowing where to go and who to choose..

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait, why aren't you supposed to cut your hair with a machine for 3 months? I don't remember being told that. I got a haircut a couple weeks ago and they used a pair of clippers on the sides.
Hello again,

Well tbh I don't think it's that big of a deal... it's just I've been around for so long,
so I'm not just following the adviced after care, but furthering it twofold. However,
if it's not a great hassle, every surgeon will say no machine cutter in recipient for
some months.

If it's just on the sides, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Even if
you had the machine cutter used on recipient area, I believe it wouldn't affect the
end result.

You also seem to be very detailed in your approach to the operation, following
every advice closely. I forgot to mention; I also workout almost every day (weights).
If you want a straight answer on the clipping, I encourage you to contact Dr's assistant,
as he was very nice and fast in his response to me.

Cheers

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's it going TG?
I've been doing some reading and taking some MSM seems to help speed up the original hairs growth during the 'ugly duckling stage'. Did you ever think of taking it? Think it's going to be part of my regrowth plan.

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 78 (aka 2.75 months aka 11.14 weeks aka 78 days)
Haven't posted in a couple weeks on account of being swamped with work/school. No major changes to report. I pulled a few all nighters recently to get work done. The following day after each I noticed my head felt numb. Not sure if there's any significance to that, but I figured I'd note it. Still seeing tiny black hair popping up randomly, then growing out as blond hairs with a black tip on them. I got a haircut a few days ago. I feel like things are looking better, but it's really hard to tell.​

D78 Front.jpg
D78 Top.jpg
D78 Top2.jpg
D78 Hairline.jpg
D78 Left.jpg
D78 Right.jpg

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's looking good, keep us updated man, how is the donor area btw do you notice any thinning or it's not noticeable?

Initially I wanted to go with Asmed but some of the results lately are just not encouraging, I am leaning towards Dr Demirsoy now

This sucks honestly not knowing where to go and who to choose..
I think my donor area looks fine? Although, I showed it to someone yesterday and I asked if they could see any remarks on the donor area and they said yes, so I don't actually know what it looks like or if the photos I'm taking really show what people see. I still think Demirsoy is a good choice

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 78 (aka 2.75 months aka 11.14 weeks aka 78 days)
Haven't posted in a couple weeks on account of being swamped with work/school. No major changes to report. I pulled a few all nighters recently to get work done. The following day after each I noticed my head felt numb. Not sure if there's any significance to that, but I figured I'd note it. Still seeing tiny black hair popping up randomly, then growing out as blond hairs with a black tip on them. I got a haircut a few days ago. I feel like things are looking better, but it's really hard to tell.​

Forgot to add a shot from the back. Here it is:
Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 7.10.52 AM.png

TG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
How's it going TG?
I've been doing some reading and taking some MSM seems to help speed up the original hairs growth during the 'ugly duckling stage'. Did you ever think of taking it? Think it's going to be part of my regrowth plan.[/QUOTE

I hadn't heard that, but I'll research it and probably give it a try if it seems legit. Thanks for the suggestion.

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates, you seem on track, it's still too early to see any significant results, next few months will show results, good luck in your journey.

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think my donor area looks fine? Although, I showed it to someone yesterday and I asked if they could see any remarks on the donor area and they said yes, so I don't actually know what it looks like or if the photos I'm taking really show what people see. I still think Demirsoy is a good choice

Do you see any thinning? it's hard to tell because your hair is blonde and it's short and there is always a possibility of shock loss after surgery, maybe grow it out and compare it to your pictures before the procedure, it would be easier to tell that way.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Latest photos look pretty good, definitely some growth of new fine hairs, donor area on the other hand looks to still need a month or 2 to recover properly as looks like some shock loss on the sides but otherwise good progress for under 3 months.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use minoxidil foam on your donor area for about 6 weeks it should wake up your shocked hair.