Start Hairloss Treatment Now, Don't At All, Or Wait??

Poboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
15702352458058350889362229640365.jpg
I have some slight thinning on my crown, and rear scalp which has been about the same since I noticed it a few years ago. I have always had a visible crown where my hair circles in the rear, and get a hard part shaved into my head. I've ordered the "big 3", but wondering if I should just let nature take its course after reading horror stories on here. Hair thick everywhere else and hairline is good. If I knew I'd not have permanent side effects, I'd go ahead and start so I could preserve things, but if I gotta eventually shave my head in a few yrs, I'm ok with that I suppose. Opinions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Thin on top

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still looks good, It all depends on how far you're willing to go and how much you like your hair in the first place. If you want to get ahead of it you can do the big 3. Drugs like finasteride have potential side effects so it's best to be educated in these side effects and weigh up how important your hair is to you.

Poboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still looks good, It all depends on how far you're willing to go and how much you like your hair in the first place. If you want to get ahead of it you can do the big 3. Drugs like finasteride have potential side effects so it's best to be educated in these side effects and weigh up how important your hair is to you.

Yeah, I've read alot about finasteride, and quite frankly it scares the sh*t outta me. I already paid for the whole big 3 package from hims, but not sure I wanna risk it. I can deal with side affect risks, but not permanent ones. I do however really love my hair.

Thin on top

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see if you love your hair you could always just try the minoxidil and ketoconazole shampoo, leave the finasteride alone. Problem solved, only thing is minoxidil can be messy and it's a lot of effort to rub into your scalp twice a day, can be intrusive.

wishkid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is completely fine and if you're rate of loss is slow then definitely DO NOT start any of the treatments. The finasteride sides are real and so are the minoxidil ones, plus when you start min you can't stop and it's such a hassle and is not guaranteed to work. so yeah, let it take its course

Poboy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is completely fine and if you're rate of loss is slow then definitely DO NOT start any of the treatments. The finasteride sides are real and so are the minoxidil ones, plus when you start min you can't stop and it's such a hassle and is not guaranteed to work. so yeah, let it take its course

Thanks man. I think I will. Before coming on here I assumed hairloss products were no biggie. Man was I wrong. I'm 35 with 2 kiddos and a pretty good life, so it's not the end of the world. Had I started thinning 15 years ago, I doubt I'd feel the same way however. You learn alot REAL fast coming on this forum.

wishkid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man. I think I will. Before coming on here I assumed hairloss products were no biggie. Man was I wrong. I'm 35 with 2 kiddos and a pretty good life, so it's not the end of the world. Had I started thinning 15 years ago, I doubt I'd feel the same way however. You learn alot REAL fast coming on this forum.

Yeah no problem, i just posted my story on here if you wanted to have a read and see how lucky you are!