Stable Nw5 At Age 26 It Is Good Idea To Have hair transplant? | HairLossTalk Forums

Stable Nw5 At Age 26 It Is Good Idea To Have hair transplant?

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants Information - General Discussions' started by northpole1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. northpole1

northpole1 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi,

im stable for like 4 years,not using any meds or minoxidil it seems that i reach my final Norwood level.My Father and grandfather on mother side are both nw5.I had many consultations and all surgeons think that im good candidate for procedure,they recommended 3200-4000 grafts.I keeping my hair buzzed but im not happy with my Look.I just want to recreate my front and top,dont mind if having thin crown.What do u guys think? It will be a good idea or should i wait?

2. TheHirsuteMan

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi northpole1. The number of pictures I've seen of transplants over the past month is vast in terms of volume although I have little insider information about hair loss myself. I came into reluctant agreement with the patient advisors in that those who became very bald (beyond Norwood 4), there was little gain from transplant work. The area of surgery can prove to be as large as 400 cm. The pictures were underwhelming and the patients had terrible hair, even the back was damaged with hair loss in patches. The exception (less than 1%) were those who have thick hair and incredible reserves at the back which is quite unlikely for non balding males, leave aside those balding and completely on top. They gained quite thick normal hair on top and the back looked unused. I was told in no uncertain terms to continue with 1 mg of Propecia and hold onto all of my hair (I have early hairline thinning). It seems those with smaller spots of baldness (crown or temples) can resolve this area through surgery in a satisfactory manner most of the time in the hands of a well known and recommended surgeon. One forum lists recommended surgeons so the next stage would be to talk to one in your neighborhood but many advisors feel for money some are accepting patients they shouldn't. Be very careful so as not to end up in a situation where cosmetic disfigurement occurs.

#2 TheHirsuteMan, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018