Stable norwood 2?

chqns222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, ive been browsing the forums as a non registered user for years so i decided to finally register and ask you guys for advice.
Just turned 25 and i think that im a stable norwood 2. Not 100% sure though, this is why im here.

Ive been to the dermatologist twice, first almost 4 years ago to check my hair, he said that i was fine and that it was nothing to worry about as i had loads of hair and it didnt look like aggressive male pattern baldness. He said to take photos every 6 months or so and check and possibly return for a consult after a few years. A few days ago, i went for a consult again.
He said that i looked great and said the same things as 4 years ago. Unfortunetly i had forgotten to upload the pics that ive been taking to my phone so i couldnt show him anything. The only difference between my first consult 4 years ago and now is that this time, he prescribed minoxidil and finasteride as a preemptive measure.

Without furhter a do here are the pics i was going to show him, they are almost 4 years apart. On the 2018 pic im pulling my hair a bit.

2018.jpg

2021.jpg

Should i take finasteride and apply minoxidil? Or should i wait a bit before hoping on them? Ive read some scary sh*t about finasteride so im having my doubts but those that do not suffer from sides experience great maintance and even regrowth so it looks tempting.

Thanks a lot guys and sorry for the wall of text.

Last edited:

chqns222

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking that it was a mature hariline as well but its definetly a nw2. It looks good on those pics but with other cameras and other angles and or lighting you can see the bilateral corner recession. I didnt think of uploading this one because of the shitty quality, you cant really see the density so it wasnt a good benchmark, but id say its a nw2.

This one is from the same time as the first picture on the OP and my hair was a bit longer

Anyways, thanks for the input!

Attachments

• 2018 2.jpg
    2018 2.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking that it was a mature hariline as well but its definetly a nw2. It looks good on those pics but with other cameras and other angles and or lighting you can see the bilateral corner recession. I didnt think of uploading this one because of the shitty quality, you cant really see the density so it wasnt a good benchmark, but id say its a nw2.

This one is from the same time as the first picture on the OP and my hair was a bit longer

Anyways, thanks for the input!
That is a nw1, may be you are receding, only you can know that . But It is not a nw2 .

fearofthereaper

My Regimen
Reaction score
Understand a few things
-You're tightly pulling it back
-You're angling the camera
-You haven't receded a bit in 3 years
-Your density looks good
All in all I'd say you're still in the clear. Nw1.75 or so. Check every six months and then come back.

chqns222

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well then im not nw2 thats good news! I forgot to tell you that the density is a bit thinner on the right side but this also hasnt changed since 2018.

Ive had this hairline for a while, i only have detailed pics since 2018. I remember going to a bald barber once and he said that i was going bald at age 17. Maybe my hariline was maturing at that point? whatever the case, im going to do what fearofthereaper said and im gonna take pics like ive been doing.

Thanks a lot guys