squidward on spongebob, officially a bald man

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always thought squidward was supposed to represent the old, stuffy, mean, angry bald man stereotype. his big head only supports this

I was just on this page that drew cartoon characters as people and OF COURSE squidward is drawn as a baldie.

http://www.clipd.com/tv/14857/15-in...rtoon-characters-redrawn-as-humans#slide/15/0

TDj783m.jpg

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not surprised that Squidward is drawn as a mean grumpy old man, and bald. One that that I've always found annoying and completely stereotypical in any cartoon or show is that if a male character is some kind of loser and has many flaws, he'll usually be represented as bald or balding.

I used to watch SpongeBob Squarepants a lot when I was a kid. I wonder what Mr. Krabs would look like if he was drawn as a person. :pirate:

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not surprised that Squidward is drawn as a mean grumpy old man, and bald. One that that I've always found annoying and completely stereotypical in any cartoon or show is that if a male character is some kind of loser and has many flaws, he'll usually be represented as bald or balding.

I used to watch SpongeBob Squarepants a lot when I was a kid. I wonder what Mr. Krabs would look like if he was drawn as a person. :pirate:
yea very true. it's hard thinking about how badly bald men are represented in media. i do my best to not think about it all but ofc every now and then i do. it drives me up the ****ing wall thinking about the bull**** negative light we are cast in.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
yea very true. it's hard thinking about how badly bald men are represented in media. i do my best to not think about it all but ofc every now and then i do. it drives me up the ****ing wall thinking about the bull**** negative light we are cast in.

Us men who suffer from male pattern baldness can actually live pretty much a normal life if it weren't for the media portraying bald and balding men as criminals.

It is a proven fact we must face that bald and balding men are perceived as less attractive; however, there's no scientific evidence that non hair loss sufferers instinctively hate baldness naturally. As I previously stated, it's the media portraying men who suffer from baldness as criminals, and indirectly influences full-heads to hate us. All the apathy, evil, hatred, and all negative nonsense being inflicted upon us isn't going to stop anytime soon unfortunately.

shookwun

Reaction score
The older we get the more emphasized, and appreciated it is to have a good physique, and hairline.

Hair becomes actually more important the older you get. Because many men loose it for this matter, same ideology of being in shape.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
The older we get the more emphasized, and appreciated it is to have a good physique, and hairline.

Hair becomes actually more important the older you get. Because many men loose it for this matter, same ideology of being in shape.

Hair is important at any age.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
but more important as far as fitting in when you are younger

obviously 20 year olds have way less norwoods than 40 year olds

come on shookwun

fred is right

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Hair is important at any age.

Thank you. Of course guys like Toms are going to think it is only important at a young age. "If I could keep my hair until I get to 30 I would be happy". You hear this countless times. Really?! Guess what you will be 30 before you know it and all of a sudden do you think you will be saying "Well I am 30 now, I really don't care if I look like **** now"? Not going to happen. If you care about what you look like now, I can guarantee that you will not be happy to go slick bald in your 30's. I will say that yes it sucks more to go bald in your 20's(I have been there), but being bald in your 30's and beyond isn't exactly living in paradise either.