Spotted a hair piece.. friends father..

jeffsss

Reaction score
well i'm sure we all are guilty of this.. (checking out peoples hairlines)

My buddys father came into my work yesterday. we were chit chatting and i look at his hair line..

didnt look right... I couldnt stop looking.. and this guy was in his mid 40's had a full thick head of hair.

I asked my friend who was the guys son if he had a wig? he said, i dont think so.. etc..

later that night he asked his mother.. he said that he's had a wig for almost 20 years..

blew my friends mind.. now he's panicing that hes going to go bald too!

sorry if this story is boring.. i ddidnt have the time to have a great one prepared. just wanted to share.. and see if anyone has had a similar experience.

BTW.. it looked great!! and for someoen not looking for it wouldnt have caught it.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
That sucks for him-- just finding out his dad is bald.

I'd rather shave it all off than wear a wig -- unless I had a George Washington wig, of course.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I think that's ridiculous too. How could you not know your dad wears a wig??? It obviously looked good if you're saying you had to study it to notice it but how could this kid not ever, ever find out. Something's out of wack.

sadhairloss

Reaction score
hahahah...

jeff cracks me up all the time.. brings these wierd jokes.. makes me forget hairloss haha...

keep it up jeff. im amazed how the kid didn't know for years his dad was bald.

jeffsss

Reaction score
no i'm not joking in the least bit!

my buddy is 19 years old. He really saw pics of his dad durring his hair loss.
he has one of those semi-permament wigs.
and i guess that his father just kept it to himeself.
only time my friend was suspicious is he made appointments for hair cuts and never went to the same barber as my friend as a child. that always struck him as odd.

I'm sorry for you guys thinking this is a joke. it's not.

Doom

Reaction score
It's certainly a believable story. Think about how many things get hidden from one's family. I had an aunt whose family never found out she was an alcoholic until she died from liver failure. Hell, there have been men who've had different families in different states simultaneously and have gotten away with it for years. And last but not least, how many parents have been gay without the kids knowing? I'm sure it happens. So a father being bald without his son ever knowing is not impossible. If it ever comes to that, I'll follow the same strategy myself.... :lol:

:2gunsfiring_v1:

hopewas

Reaction score
i never understood people and toupees..you'd think it's be as embarassing wearing one as it would be being bald. i always spot toupees..a lot of people in my gym wear them.. don't know who they think they're fooling..i'd shave it before that

jeffsss

Reaction score
scribe99 said:
I believe you but you just straight-up asked your friend's mom if her husband wears a wig??

What kinds of reactions were you prepared for? Personally, I don't think I'd ask someone that.

no no..

my friend asked his mother.

My friend was too scared to ask his dad. and wont bring it up to him about it either.

and the only reason he asked his mother is b/c i told him to..

now i kinda feel bad.

jeffsss

Reaction score
hopewas said:
i never understood people and toupees..you'd think it's be as embarassing wearing one as it would be being bald. i always spot toupees..a lot of people in my gym wear them.. don't know who they think they're fooling..i'd shave it before that

some are good!

If i wasnt infatuated with hair loss i woudltn have even suspected it.

in fact.. i never really noticed anyones hair loss until i started going bald myself.