Splitting Proscar

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
I've switched from propecia to proscar. I find proscar very oddly shaped. I expected the same shape as propecia, but when I saw the triangular shape, I did not know how to split it. I have a pill splitter, and when I cut it, I wind up with two big pieces and two small pieces.

How do you guys split it? Down the middle first? Or sideways first? Or is there some other method of getting exact quarters?

I also wind up with some white powder around the pill cutter. What should I do with those? I just put them on my finger and sucked them up (no point wasting right)?

One more thing. It says on the packet that broken/crushed pills should not be handled by women who are expecting to get pregnant or are pregnant. How long would it take for them to be in the clear IF they somehow got finasteride in their system? I mean, if a girl ingested some today, and got pregnant a few months later, would there be chances of problems?

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but that video shows you how to split into 5ths, I want to split into 4 equal parts.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
It doesn't have to be an exact science. Don't worry about it.

Exactly, I just nibble 1/5 from the pill each day, I rarely bite off too much.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright, thanks I won't worry about it anymore, as long as I get the whole pill over 4 days I guess I'll be right.

What about my other enquiries? As so the powder of finasteride lying around? Is it safe if nobody is getting pregnant? How long should they be kept away (definately) from it before they can start getting pregnant?