Splitting Fincar into .5mgs?

Brandon Mthson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm starting off finasteride slowly, trying to be overcareful to avoid sides. Anybody think it will work to cut Fincar into 10ths (.5mg) with a razor blade? When splitting into 5ths or 6ths, does anyone use a pill splitter that makes it easier?

Mer

Established Member
Reaction score
Use a new razor blade and go slow. The Fincar pills I have will cut nicely. The coating holds them together very well. The trick I've found is to go slow. trying to crack the pill will only crumble them.

Mer

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
ALso don't worry about absolute precision. Your body varies enough from day to day to negate any true consistancy in dosage. I would go for cutting it into eights because 10ths are probably too small. ANd the difference between .5 and .625 isnt all that much. If you really want to be precise ground the stuff up into powder and either weigh it out, try to get it into solution or cut up some lines and eyeball it.

bobisback11

Reaction score
i only saw the diagram to split the proscar into 5ths and not 8ths, any diagrams or tips offered to split into 8ths, maybe i'll just purchase the finpecia and split into halfs, seems like less trouble and less contact with air for less period of time